Daughter of the Pirate King


Daughter of the Pirate King

By Tricia Levenseller


There will be plenty of time for me to beat him soundly once I’ve gotten what I came for.

  OOH!!!!!! MAKE WAY FOR THE QUEEN OF THE OCEAN!!!!! SHE IS HERE. Damn it!!!! I can’t express enough how I love this book, how I devoured it within second. Good bye The End of Oz, bye Rebel of the Sands…Daughter of the Pirate King is now in charge.
 Sorry, a male one…but cute as well. Oh gosh…I’ve been under reading slump for a long while without reading anything enchanted. But so far this week…I’ve already read three awesome books!!!! I’m not kidding…everyone need to read this book, it’s just fantastic!!!!! And it’s a duology!!!! (I really hope it is a trilogy…but how can the Queen of Ocean be the same as the others?) I just can’t wait for Daughter of the Siren Queen to come out!!!!!! I definitely swear my loyalty to Alosa…I just love her.


  Sent on a mission to retrieve an ancient hidden map—the key to a legendary treasure trove—seventeen-year-old pirate captain Alosa deliberately allows herself to be captured by her enemies, giving her the perfect opportunity to search their ship.

  More than a match for the ruthless pirate crew, Alosa has only one thing standing between her and the map: her captor, the unexpectedly clever and unfairly attractive first mate, Riden. But not to worry, for Alosa has a few tricks up her sleeve, and no lone pirate can stop the Daughter of the Pirate King.



  Gosh…I’m screaming and swooning over this book right now. No kidding…I just can’t get over with it. I sit in front of my laptop as soon as I finished the book and kept fangirling as the same time. I just…
  It’s far beyond perfect. I’ll try to separate spoiler and non-spoiler part…but since I’m so excited right now…I can’t guarantee that.

 Oh…and don’t panic. This post is going to be filled with pirates and pirates, lot of pirates. All right…enough of me…back to the book. Daughter of the Pirate King went through in a really, pretty fast pace, yet everything come swiftly and perfectly. You won’t feel it awkward, but you won’t feel boring at the same time. To be honest, the plot twists inside this book isn’t as much as Rebel of the Sands or The End of Oz…but those plot twists inside the book is just so unexpecting…there is only a little chance that you’re going to find it out. No kidding…my heart ached and twisted at those…am I being a little sensitive recently?

 No, not I, you. Even when we’re reading the part that “isn’t so plot twisting,” the character’s dialogue is simple wonderful. Pirate is somehow pretty rare in the YA industry, I don’t know why…let alone a good one. But now we have!!! And it had totally blown our mind away. Besides…the characters!!!!! Now come to the funny part.
 I just love Alosa so much. I really love Amani if you read previous review…but somehow…she doesn’t attract me that much…since I’m not sure I like her personality that much, even though it’s uncommon for a female protagonist. But then, Alosa had everything I value, strength, wit, scheming, a great friend you can own, a great captain who values her crew, charming…she is everything. I’ll definitely wish to be like her if I don’t mind her cold bloody nature of killing men…but the same, she doesn’t kill for fun, most of the time. I’ll definitely do the same if I was having revenge, and trust me, I’m pretty revengeful. I just love her every word, every action…but don’t panic…I’m in love with someone else as well…Riden. (Sigh…)
 I’m dying of mentioning his name. His so bloody cute!!!!! Oh gosh…I want him for my boyfriend, and I ship Riden and Alosa so much!!!!! If they didn’t end up together sailing through the sea and become the king and queen of pirate…I’ll definitely kill the author.
 Btw…all author with Tricia had great taste on writing sea novels. Now…back to my love. He is really, really something. He isn’t stupid at all…but I just love his conversation with Alosa…and they’re exactly what I want for a relationship!!!! Just can’t get over with that. I need the sparkle in my life…and if I can’t get one in real life…books are the best. Oh…and he is definitely a thousand times better than his brother.
 He is so great. He isn’t a good man, I must say, not “that” good, after all, he is a pirate, but not a filthy one. (Great, that’s why I love him so much) However…compared to the others, he still have his own goodness in him, and…I don’t really appreciate how Alosa used it sometime…but…well…I still love how his good and wicked battles. Now…I can no longer suppressed myself…ready for the spoiler? Here we go!!!!!!



Spoiler


  I know he was playing a part. Pretending to be my protector at times. I know deep down this is always the role he was meant to perform. But it still hurts. Can I even call it a betrayal? How can I be betrayed by someone who was never on my side to begin with?

  Oh my heart still ached!!!! How can you do this to Alosa??? Why???? The first part of this book is Alosa being captured…or at least, what Draxen and Riden believed. Well…we all know from the summary that isn’t true…but…it’s still quite interesting to see how it gradually folds out from the book. I love how much trouble Alosa gave those pirates, and how she gradually changed them…perhaps…in some way. But then…the true high light of this book is definitely in the later part. I just love all of them, every single minute. So prepare…I’m about to sell you the secret. Riden was the one to betray Alosa, although I don’t think you’re really surprise, nor did I. But my heart ached so much at that part. And at that point…I finally understand how much I hate betrayal, and why did I always choose trust is the most important thing for friendships. There is no way I can survive betrayal, once betrayed…you’re out.
 Oh oh…it’s getting a bit deep here, isn’t it? But I am so hurt by the betrayal!!!! Especially both from Daughter of the Pirate King and Rebel of the Sands…I don’t know how much more can my little heart bare. But fortunately…that change later. I totally forgive you, Riden. You’re still my love. Oh wait…that’s make it clear…I won’t trust you with anything to do with your brother…but at least…besides that…you’re my one true love.
 (Not really one…but…Oh! And btw…I can never forgive one if they cheated on their love ones. That’ll be unforgivable…it’s a bit strange to say this when I just declare my tons of bookish lover.)


“He woke up once and looked at me funny.”

“Did he say anything?”

“He said, ‘you don’t have red hair.’”

  Well done, Alosa, well done. You’re definitely the only one I know can find yourself a man while having a mission…especially from your captor. And stop it, the relationship is perfectly healthy. I can never understand why everyone is twisting Beauty and the Beast into a mental illness. I was so wow how far they can go for each other when they’re facing that bastard. (I’m a bit stir up now…so please forgive if I curse too much.) What bastard? Wait and see! I’m not going to spoil you that much…even though it’s quite a great twist…not expecting that, especially at the end of the book. And I’m counting on Alosa to have a great, fantastic revenge on that part. Back to Alosa and Riden…that’s exactly what I’m finding for my relationship. I know Rhysand is my number one lover…but there are so many book dragons out there earning for his love…it’s so tiresome. So, a girl simply must find herself another one, isn’t she? Riden might not be the perfect one, but good enough for me. I’ll definitely be content if I had a boyfriend like he…and which I suppose I’ll never find one since…he already exists in book. Sad. But at least we got the sequel? Don’t we? And I especially love how the two books’ title related to Alosa’s birth right. Did you ever wonder why I call her Queen of the Ocean? Not just because she’s the master of the water or she is the daughter of the pirate king. But her other secret identity—her siren mother. Not just any siren, but the siren queen. See? She mastered that! No matter how much she hated that part, I can see in the sequel she’ll definitely need a lot of help from that ability, and I’m also counting on Riden to bring back her when she past the point. Like in the later part of the book, thank god that Alosa told Riden the story of her father and mother.


 “Everyone has something dark in their past. I suppose it's our job to overcome it. And if we can’t overcome it, then all we can do is make the most of it.”

  Now…I haven’t written such a long review for a long time, have I? But I just had endless feeling for this book…and now…sorry to come to an end before I go to bed…I’m going to read it over again. It’s so good. I love how Tricia Levenseller weaved all the sailing and pirate and great adventures into the book, and I definitely earn for the second book. I have no idea how am I going to survive until next year…and please, Owlcrate, don’t torture me by sending me another great book next month.

I’m just kidding. Please, just keep torturing me until my last breath.

And now…I bid you goodnight and have a good sleep into the daughter of siren queen’s lullaby


Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement