Wintersong

Wintersong
By S. Jae-Jones  

Does the crown serve the king or the king serve the crown?

    As you might know…due to my numberless activities before, I’ve been active enough. But besides that reason…I was kind of facing a reading slump and didn’t know what to read or how to review…it was just…blocked. 
 Yes…so terrifying. But, but but but!!!!! When I was reading Wintersong…I felt the passion I haven’t felt so long since reading Heartless and The Fate of the Tearling. It’s just brilliant, I mean Wintersong.
 Not to mention the gorgeous cover I’ve fallen in love with as soon as I lay my eyes on it. It definitely became a must-read book for my TBR list, and I didn’t regret at all. It simply lit the fire in me once again.
  The last night of the year. Now the days of winter begin and the Goblin King rides abroad, searching for his bride…

    All her life, Liesl has heard tales of the beautiful, dangerous Goblin King. They’ve enraptured her mind, her spirit, and inspired her musical compositions. Now eighteen and helping to run her family’s inn, Liesl can’t help but feel that her musical dreams and childhood fantasies are slipping away.
    But when her own sister is taken by the Goblin King, Liesl has no choice but to journey to the Underground to save her. Drawn to the strange, captivating world she finds—and the mysterious man who rules it—she soon faces an impossible decision. And with time and the old laws working against her, Liesl must discover who she truly is before her fate is sealed.

    A goblin novel!!!!! So unique!!! There are only few novel with goblins and gosh I love it. Goblin has always been scheming species, so how can the story not be great with them inside?

“The last night of the year," Constanze said. "Now the days of winter begin and the Goblin King rides abroad, searching for his bride.”

    And yes, when the night comes, the goblin king appeared. When the goblin king appeared…my heart cracked. After reading this book, I felt compassion, I felt hope, I felt love…and my heart ached. My heart ached so much that it hasn’t felt this way since I was reading Heartless of A Court of Mist and Fury or The Beauty of Darkness, some of the best books I loved the most. I love everything that was weaved into the story, the plots, the elements, the enchantment…everything was just perfect. 
 I cried so hard when the ending came. It just torn my heart apart.

“Love is the bridge that spans the world above and below, and keeps the wheel of life turning.”

    I love Elizabeth and mein Herr’s every moment, their argument, their passion, their interaction, their melodies…everything. Ah…and melodies, the book is full of music, wonderful music, passion, sorrow, anger…I can hear the music ringing beside my ears when I was reading this book. Although a lot of books contain music inside them, but it’s the first time that I’ve read a YA that makes music its main contain. It all starts with music, and ends with music. The book itself was like music, sonata, symphony, and concerto. Wintersong, Wintersong, remember Vivaldi’s four season? You can hear them all while reading this book. 
 How can you not love a book with music in it? It’s just so unique and perfect, especially for I, whom has studied music for more than ten years. It just reached into my soul.

Now…since I’ve so much to tell…spoilers will contain below.  

Elisabeth

    “What will happen to you if I win?” I whispered.
    A smiled crossed his lips, but the corners were down-turned, more sad than satisfied. “You know,” he said, “You’re the only one who’s ever asked.”

    Liesl, as you might know, Maria Elisabeth Ingeborg Vogler was not the ordinary beautiful protagonist that mostly appeared in YA. She’s not beautiful, but she was talented. Her soul was full of music and love, and that’s her greatest beauty. I love ever moment when Elisabeth lashed out at the goblin king, not that I approve it, but her emotion, her feelings seemed all come out at once when she was facing the goblin king. I can’t tell you why I adore that…but I just do. Like music, some parts of the book just seize you in the way you might not understand.

    “You are the one who wanted a happy ending, my dear. So you tell me, how does the story end?"
    Tears slipped from my face, and he wiped them away with his thumbs.
    "The foolish young man lets the beautiful maiden go."
    "Yes." His voice was clotted thick with unshed emotion. "He lets her go.”

    Yes…it’s not a happily ever after…and who said it should be? Not every story ends like Beauty and the Beast, no matter how much I hope so. It was just…the ending…my heart was reaped out. Elisabeth broke herself to find herself once again, but she was forced to lose a part of her, since the only way to keep her life was to let go. 
 Is there anything more heart breaking???? NOOOOO!!!!!! I cried so hard when I was reading this book and the fact is that I devoured it. I couldn’t stop myself from reading it and reading it so I managed to finish Wintersong within one day.  

The Goblin King

    “The sort of passion she inspires in me is all flash and no heat. I need an ember, Elisabeth, not a firecracker. Something that burns longer to keep me warm for this night and all other night to come.”

    Ahhh!!!!! Where is my goblin king???? 
 That passion that love that music they both shared within them. Who can ask for more? Their music just haunted their bodies and souls…like the Phantom of the Opera.

    “Your music," he said at last. "Your music was the only thing that kept me sane, that kept me human instead of a monster.”

    And…besides their shared interested that amaze me…the goblin king is truly a mystery and full of secrets. His laugh, his enchantment, his actions just seemed to control not only the book, but the soul of the reader. You can’t help but fallen into the trapped of underworld, and scarified yourselves for the eternal lover. And he didn’t deserve that ending!!!!!! WHERE IS MY SEQUEL!!!! I NEED THE BOOK!!!! I DON’T NEED A NOVEL!!!! I NEED A SEQUEL!!!!!! (Thank goodness that the author planned to write a sequel??? I just can’t wait for that to release…which unfortunately set in 2018.)  

    It’s truly that I haven’t felt so much fire in me for a long time, and needless to say, Wintersong has successfully bewitched my body and soul. I’m willing to sacrifice myself in exchange for this book. it’s not less perfect than Heartless or any other books. It deserve the world to read. And I highly recommend it. Oh, btw, white roses and blue roses are now my favorite. 

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement