Dorothy Must Die Stories (Dorothy Must Die Novella 0.1~0.3)



Dorothy Must Die Stories
By Danielle Paige

  I’m finally reading this book!!!! I’ve wanted to read it after I finished The Wicked Will Rise and Yellow Brick War…and now…I finish it!!!! Congratulation to me!!! I’m now moving toward the second book of Dorothy Must Die Stories!!! By the way…huge announcement—I complete my Goodreads Reading Challenge!!!! 100 books complete!!!! Yeah!!!! More to go on now!!! Now…Dorothy Must Die Stories contains three short stories before Amy Gunn arrived Oz: No Place Like Oz, The Witch Must Burn, and The Wizard Returns. I personally like The Witch Must Burn the most, I think it’s interesting…and no spoil little Dorothy. 

No Place Like Oz

  After returning to Kansas, Dorothy Gale has realized that the dreary fields of Kansas don’t compare to the vibrant landscapes of Oz. And although she’s happy to be reunited with Aunt Em, she misses her friends from the yellow brick road. But most of all, Dorothy misses the fame and the adventure. In Kansas she’s just another prairie girl, but in Oz she was a hero. So Dorothy is willing to do anything to get back, because there really is no place like Oz. But returning to the land she left comes at a price, and after Dorothy is through with it, Oz will never be the same.


  So…at first, we can see what’s the life Dorothy used to live, and what happen after she went back to Kansas. You know…Danielle Paige really created an unpleasant Dorothy, spoil little girl. When she was back in Kansas, she kept complaining about everything, literally EVERYTHING. She was unhappy about her presents, her classmates, her life…and so on. Please, although I had some sympathy for you different life in Kansas, but that’s what you choose! You’re supposed to know that! Besides, everyone knows no one will believe your story, normal people. (Although…I’m not normal…so I might be an exception.) So come on and shut up! That’s…what I think whenever there was Dorothy Gale.

  However, even I hate her attitude and her behavior, I did love the part that she discovered her magic, that’s why I’d gave this novella 3.5 stars or 4. It’s quite an interesting journey for us and for Dorothy, and I almost scream during the last part, it’s so sad!!!! Poor aunt and uncle.

  The magic belonged to me.

  Sorry, didn’t you hear what Ozma said? Magic will corrupt you! But…to be honest, the magic that corrupt Dorothy was the best part of all. I know, I’m insane. Trust me, you’ll be as sane as I am if you read it.
 I love who the shoes affect Dorothy, unlike Amy’s Shoes, Dorothy’s red heel did great job at her…and beside, I’ve hate to say this, but it seems that Dorothy had a terrible taste. After she decided to make her own gown…or should I say…a mini skirt? That’s not appropriate for a banquet!!! Nevertheless, Dorothy just gotten insane with the read heel. 

The Witch Must Burn

  Dorothy Gale is back . . . and she’s not the sweet little heroine of Oz anymore. She’s power-hungry and vicious, and she leaves a trail of destruction beneath her spike-heeled, magical shoes. But behind the scenes, there’s someone else pulling the strings. Someone who doesn’t want fame or glory—just control.
  Glinda of the North brought Dorothy back to Oz for a reason. And in The Witch Must Burn, a young maid is about to discover that a witch who says she’s Good might be the most dangerous kind of Wicked.

  So this is the best novella in this book, I love it. And…there is Nox!!!!! How can I not like it? But I also remind the moment when Amy realized Jellia and Nox had a past. Yet…actually…nothing happened between Jellia and Noz!!! Or perhaps not in this novella…so Nox looks just as great as usual to me. 
 I know, that’s not the point. So…how can I not love this book when spoil idiot Dorothy was gone, Jellia’s back, and Nox involved? Above all…The Revolutionary Order of the Wicked!!!!! Don’t you just love them?
 
  The Revolutionary Order of the Wicked. The only thing standing between Oz and its destruction.

  All characters we love in the original series of Dorothy Must Die came back in this novella, and this is a really great novella!!!! 4 stars definitely. I love how strong Jellia was and how she managed to survive in the castle, let along when she was sent to Glinda’s Palace for some wicked operation. That part is truly creepy, those machines and magic and schemes…Glinda was truly a devil with an angle skin. Her heart was rotten and black…not even the wicked witch can win her. 
 
Oh perhaps…only evil queen. But all in all, I enjoy this novella really much, and I’d love to read more about Jellia’s secret life in the palace after she went back to Emerald Palace, for the better Oz. maybe we can have more? Please?  

The Wizard Returns

  The Wizard left Oz in a hot air balloon—or did he?
  Dorothy Gale is back . . . and she's not the sweet little heroine of Oz anymore. She's power-hungry and vicious, and she leaves a trail of destruction beneath her spike-heeled, magical shoes. But she wasn't always in charge. There used to be a different ruler of Oz. Someone who also came from the Other Place, and who stole power for himself. They called him the Wizard.
  The story goes that when a young Dorothy revealed the Wizard as a fraud, the man behind the curtain fled Oz in his hot air balloon. But in The Wizard Returns, he wakes in a field of poppies to find out that not only had he never left, but that he has no memory of who—or where—he is. As he undergoes a series of tests to uncover his memories, he finds that the very girl who threw him from the Emerald Palace is in control. And that Oz may be his destiny after all.

  To be honest…I don’t find this novella so interesting. Not bad, but not interesting as well. We all know that the Wizard involved in some creepy scheme in Dorothy Must Die, but we never know why. I was only so shock that he had such an ending, that plot twist was the best. Yet, what made him do those decision? Although after reading this novella, I couldn’t connect this Wizard and that Wizard…yet it somehow solves some problem and brings more questions. By the way, Pete appeared in this novella as well…and in order not to spoil you, I’m not telling you what my reaction was when I saw him.  


  Now, why did I say “more questions”? So in this novella, the Wizard lost all his memory, and tried to remember all. Yet, not without certain difficulties. However, after reading the ending, you might assume that the Wizard was about to be a good guy, I’m not telling you why, but yes, we could glimpse a little bit of goodness in him. Yet, when I was reading Dorothy Must Die series, I always assumed that the Wizard wasn’t a nice person. He wasn’t as wicked as Dorothy or her friends, however he definitely served his own good. So…that’s why I didn’t really enjoy this novella, since it gave me more questions, and the trials of Wizard weren’t really exciting as well. There were just…normal. 
 
Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement