Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices Series 2)


Clockwork Prince
By Cassandra Clare

  Oh my god…I love this series. It’s so amazing!!! It just completely blows my mind. Even though I hate love triangle…I love this one, definitely. They’re both so attractive, Will and Jem. I might not get it why everyone loves Will and Jem so much as first…but now I gradually understand. I’m doubtlessly in love with them as well. Yes, both of them. Can you blame me? I must say…it might sound horrible to you…yet to me? It’s unavoidable.

  In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at least found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.


  With the help of handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journey from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of the parentage is more sinister that she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

  Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despise his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

  As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed. They can corrupt even the purest heart.

  So…is the cover Jem? I guess so! Since he’s going to get closer with Tessa then you’ve ever imagine…much closer, closer, closer…there. That close. Or that didn’t matter you? I guess too. By the way, I don’t think any reader should read the summery first you know that? It somehow…gives away the plot twist. Well…it might give you some anticipation…but…the summery is too long!!! It’s a fortunate that I never read the summery before reading this book. (Wait…who are you kidding? You spoil yourself at the beginning of the book.) For readers who are going to read Clockwork Prince…I suggest you not to read the summery and this review, because you might be spoiled.

 

  Oh…you’ve already read the summery till now? Then you don’t have to worry about the spoil part! Because you’ve already been spoiled! Yeah!!! All hail to spoilers!!! Let’s continue with our review, right?

  Now…I was actually a bit boring at the beginning of the book. I somehow think the plot goes too long, there aren’t so many thrilling part. I was like “umm…well? Then what?” and took so long to finish the first 200 pages. (One of that reasons is because I’m busy…wandering around.) But then, after that 200 pages, I smelled schemes coming…and the plots and twists just become so interesting and thrill that I cannot possibly put the book down. I think I devoured 300 pages a night? Plus spoil myself with the ending of Clockwork Princess.  

 

  Even I’m not really satisfied with the first I-personally-consider-boring-while-other-might-not part, we have a deeper insight toward Will Herondales. Whenever I was reading The Infernal Devices series…I can’t help but think how much alike is Will and Jace. So much alike. They’re like two resemblances…their personality, their passion, even fate. Will is still a difficult person, so mysterious and dark, but as we look deeper and read more about him…I can only give him sympathy. His arrogance…might run in the family blood…however his dark side remain to himself…although it’s might be considered as selfish…it’s the greatest love I’ve ever read in book. He pushed away not only one, but hundreds of people who care for him and shut himself inside the shadow. Yes I know, what am I talking about? It’s so selfish to shut everyone aside!!! And it’s so rude to talk like William Herondales as he spoke to Tessa at Clockwork Angel!!!  


  But till the end of the book…do you hate Will? Nope, not at all. Instead, my heart was torn into half. (Well…actually…my heart didn’t really torn for Jem…since…he is too…tame…for me. but that’s not the point.)

  “My whole life wrecked, destroyed…”

 

  And Jem? You know what’s better about TMI series? Both Jace and Simon aren’t as tragic as Will and Jem!!!! My heart aches so much for them…one’s life being destroyed, the other being an addicted and might be died soon enough. Really? Can we have something happier? The entire story placed in London, even feels like London’s weather—cold, gray, dark. There just so little happy moment for them!!! Death, betrayal, sadness…you say you prefer happy story? So do I. But do I stop reading it? No, definitely not. And I’m grateful for that. It’s a gray story worth reading for. I’ve always love Tessa, although I’ve once doubt her love life before, but now I totally understand.
  And she has always been a brave character, I love that. “Torture him, if that is what is necessary. I give you my permission.” Just think how much courage she needs to speak those words.

  To an end…Clockwork Prince…is fantastic. My heart stop beating during every plot twists and every page turns. It sizes you and dragged you. You might dislike the characters, the plots…but you just can’t help but keep going on and finish the entire book and change your lives with the power of the magic, the magic creates by Cassandra Clare.  
 
New Edition's Cover

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement