Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles 2)


Scarlet
By Marissa Meyer
  The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth…
  The first (+100) post! The second book of The Lunar Chronicles!! I’m moving forward to the third book!!! I finish this book with only four time reading: page 20, page 40, page 60, and finished!!!! And now I own five Lunar Chronicles!!!!! (Except Fairest.) Well…no more numbers…I can’t think anything higher than five… And you might guest…”Vivian is about to say how great this book is! Like she said every other book she wrote!!!” Hum…actually…I’m not going to say that. This book…is…horrible!!! Because I can’t give more than five stars!!! Ahhhh!!! (Wait…huh?!) What? Isn’t that the same thing with “perfect” or “excellent” or “fantastic”? Actually…in my dictionary…NOOO!!! I said it is horrible because I can’t give Scarlet six stars or more!!!! It. Is. Horrible.

  Cinder, the mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.
  Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother, or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana.
  In fact…I don’t really impress as much as Cinder…but it doesn’t change the fact that it is still a “horrible” book. All right, back to great. This is the first Red Riding Hood retelling I’ve ever read, I know there are some famous retellings such as Sister Red…but I haven’t read it…and unfortunately…I’ve a long-long-long to-read list. What’s more…I’ve no money!!! I’m currently saving money for the 10th anniversary leather-bound Elantris…and it’s so expensive. But it’ll be worth it…I promise. Back to Scarlet. To me…the plot seems a little bit flat. Only a little. However, every “flat” moment has its own excitement…but I simply don’t feel something really WOW. Not until the middle part of the story. Wait…I’m going to say it again: it is still a great book!!! Still a must-read book. Scarlet is a strong character, personally, I think she’s even braver that Cinder. (Sorry Cinder…I still love you more than Scarlet. But I’m speaking out the truth.) (Feeling Scarlet staring at my back, hair on fire…) She would do everything to save her missing grandmother, no matter what the consequent was. Then, under a certain circumstance, she met Wolf. A…what? I can’t remember the full name of wolf’s pack. Something dealing with military, and fighting, and gang… Besides meeting wolf, her father was back, demanding for something from his mother, something Scarlet never knew. And…blablabla, Scarlet set out a journey with Wolf to find her grandma. They took a train…but they met the plague. They set out in the forest…but were met with trouble. They once again got on the train…but almost died. What’s worst…Scarlet found herself in love. Does no one tell you don’t trust an almost-stranger??? You barley know him! But it appeared that Wolf had the same feeling as well. Now…another “BUT.” Even though Wolf and Scarlet seemed to attract by each other, trouble always lied in front of them, and Wolf never truly told the truth. Only parts of them were truth. And the part that Cinder met Scarlet…well…not exactly “met,” that’s kind of Cinder’s plan. Well…as we mention Cinder…you’ll find that every book in the series gets larger and larger…and…I love it! (Even though I’ve already finish the happily ever after ending…sorry spoiler hater…I just can’t help myself to read the ending first.) In the second book, you can see view from both Cinder and Scarlet. And although the book’s name is Scarlet…Cinder actually stands almost half part. So that’s the reason why the books are getting thicker. The author needs to put the enough amounts of the old characters…but at the same time, she can’t forget the main character in this book. Like Scarlet, Cress, and Winter. In that case…the books grow enormously. Especially till Winter…the most pages of them all. But that’s great, right? I love thick books! The thicker, the better…and don’t you dare mention test books…they don’t count at all.
  Which part does Cinder stands in this book then? I can tell you, that her head is as expensive as Kai. Haha…I do believe Levana wants her head more than Kai…since she is the true heir to the Lunar throne. She ran away with another fugitive—Thorn! They started their journey of escape…and quite easy I’ll say…whenever there were humans. Yeah right! Because when there are humans…Cinder would just have to change their mind with her Lunar power…no matter how she hated it. But, when there weren’t any human…like they had to walk through cockroaches…and I almost vomited when I read this part. After the jailbreak, they sneaked a spaceship and started to find out Princess Selene. Yes, find Princess Selene…because they had no idea where she was, Thorn can only be persuaded by Cinder that the Princess survived the fire, and she might be the key to everything. So, they stared with Scarlet’s grandmother…than found Scarlet.
  As you guys know, this book is “horrible.” So horrible that every character has their own perfect personality trait, so horrible that I can’t help but swoon for not only Kai, but as well as Wolf and Thorn. (Well...Kai might be a little disappointment in this book…but who can blame him? Under so much trouble.) What’s even worse, I hate to admit that I not only love boys but also girls!!! Cinder and Scarlet are so great! Unlike some authors tend to create “perfect” characters, describe them as “beautiful,” “smart,” “fearless” and all the other complements. Cinder and Scarlet aren’t perfect. They night be stubborn, be a cyborg, be a lunar…but that’s what makes them perfect. No one is perfect, and so does fiction characters. And in The Lunar Chronicles, Marissa Meyer described them very well. And the books connect perfectly between every characters and every spaces. So…what are you waiting for? Don’t miss the second book of The Lunar Chronicles!!! (Howling!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement