The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass prequel)

The Assassin's Blade
By Sarah J. Maas
  “My name is Celeana Sardothien" she whispered. "And I will not be afraid.”
  This, is definitely one of my favorite book among the Throne of Glass Series. I. Love. It. Although Assassin’s Blade is complete with short novels, but every story has connection, and they might contain important messages that the future series need. This book is the third SJM’s book I’ve read, and as it turned out, it didn’t disappoint me at all. I know that many of you worry about short novels…since they’re often not so great…I myself read several examples of it. But don’t be afraid, The Assassin’s Blade isn’t one of them, instead, it’s even better than some of the original novel…
  Celaena Sardothien is Adarlan's most feared assassin. As part of the Assassin's Guild, her allegiance is to her master, Arobynn Hamel, yet Celaena listens to no one and trusts only her fellow killer-for-hire, Sam. In these action-packed novellas - together in one edition for the first time - Celaena embarks on five daring missions. They take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, where she fights to liberate slaves and seeks to avenge the tyrannous. But she is acting against Arobynn's orders and could suffer an unimaginable punishment for such treachery. Will Celaena ever be truly free? Explore the dark underworld of this kick-ass heroine to find out
So, the book contains five short stories: The Assassin and The Pirate Lord, The Assassin and The Healer, The Assassin and The Desert, The Assassin and The Underworld, and The Assassin and The Empire. Well…I read this book while I was still heartbreaking for Celaena and Chaol…and then, Boom! Another awesome TOG series appeared! How wonderful!!! What I like about this book is its adventure. I love adventures, especially those in different spaces. So…it’s great to read The Assassin’s Blade…since Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadow contain a lot of “Character” part. Not that I don’t like reading characters…just HoF and QoS’s characters began to make me dislike the book… Back to the story, many of the short stories in this book might have connection with the future series, so if you’re interested in Throne of Glass series, you mustn’t forget this one. To me, my favorite one is The Assassin and The Desert, which was place after the first two short stories. Celaena was being punished…for…(cough!) This story has a lot of adventure, and it was set in a world utterly different from Adarlan. She met new friend, new adventure, new guys, new assassins. And in this story, we can see her bravely and…well mischievous, which is my favorite part of Celaena. Nevermind…I love this book, and I hope that you’ll like it as such as I do. Go and read the book! Right. Now.
  Oh! And sorry guys…I still ship Celaena and Chaol…although Sam was a great person and he was almost as desirable as Chaol…but still…Team Chaol!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement