The Heroes of Olympus

The Heroes of Olympus
By Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero (Jason, Piper, Leo)
The Son of Neptune (Percy, Hazel, Frank)
The Mark od Athena (Annabeth)
The House of Hades (Percy, Annabeth)
The Blood of Olympus (Jason, Leo, Nick)

A brand new series of demigods!!! It has been a long time since the last time we finish Percy Jackson series, do you re-read it? I did it many time. But for this series…I’m not sure if I’ll re-read it that much. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great series, just like every other Rick Riordan's books. It goes on a fast pace, stories after stories. And also well organized, there's hardly any plot problems in it. But if I compared this series with Percy Jackson Series, I just say...Percy Jackson is still better.  Why? There are many reasons. First, In Percy Jackson, we can easily recognize every characters, because it's all narrative by Percy. While in The Heroes of Olympus, there are too many people and too many POV. It seems to me that the characters all have the same personality. Second, like I said, too many characters! I love to read books with different view, but we got too many here! It's too complicated and the plots just jump from here to there. It keeps changing scene. With different demigods we get different scene...oh my god that just too much! One or two scene in a book is all right, but more? Please don't.! Last but not least, many of the plots are similar to Percy Jackson, I even feel boring with them sometimes. This problem has change during the last few books, but in the previous books...come on! Give me something new! 
  Although this series won't be my favorite series among all the books I own, but for those who love Rick Riordan's writing style should like this series as well. The plots are entertaining and we gets more loving characters. The books go in a fast pace so there'll seldom have any time murmuring. Even though I didn't enjoy it as much as I did in Percy Jackson, I still like it. So check out for yourselves! I assure that you'll like it too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement