Cruel Crown (Red Queen 0.1~0.2)


Cruel Crown
By Victoria Aveyard

  So…I finish the novella!!! And…it’s not…bad. Yes, not bad, but not great as well. I just don’t have a lot feeling when I’m reading…just…hum. But, not bad, at least. After all…I did finish the stories, and I did like some part of the stories too.

  Two women on either side of the Silver and Red divide tell the stories no one else knows.

  We get to read more about Queen Coriane and Farley!!!! (Gosh…I always mistype Farley to Feyre…they’re just so similar to me!!!!) I’m really excited to read Queen Coriane’s story…even though I was meant to be a tragic ending…and that’s really a shocking one. However…Farley…I don’t like her practically, but I don’t hate her as well…so, let’s do this!!!  

Queen’s Song
  Queen Coriane, first wife of King Tiberias, keeps a secret diary—how else can she ensure that no one at the palace will use her thoughts against her? Coriane recounts her heady courtship with the crown prince, the birth of a new prince, Cal, and the potentially deadly challenges that lay ahead for her in royal life.

  I really like the old queen!!! And I think that everyone will like her as well, even the red. And, to my astonishment…the king and queen before Coriane and Tiberias seemed great as well!!!! It’s really sad that what happened to all of them, especially Coriane. She’s such a lonely girl when she was a child!!! And when she finally found her love? She was too afraid to embrace it, fortunately, she did, eventually. Or we won’t have Cal now.

  He needs someone strong at his side, a person who laughs at the gossips and overcome her own doubts.

  How to say…? Coriane is extremely without confidence, really? Stand up for yourself!!!! But she is a good person, a good queen, and I think the “red & silver” won’t happen on her. The only problem I have with this story is that Coriane and Tiberias sacrifice his children’s future marriage for themselves. Well…actually, Coriane objected, but Tiberias accepted to be with her. So? 
 I really don’t know whether I should hate the decision or not, after all…like I said, without Coriane, without Cal. But I do like her story, especially with someone behind her, all the time. And, it gives us some positive insight into the palace, especially the old king and queen and Robert. They’re quit a character, and I like them!  

Steel Scars
  Diana Farley was raised to be strong, but being tasked with planting the seeds of rebellion in Norta is a tougher job than expected. As she travels the land recruiting black market traders, smugglers, and extremists for her first attempt at an attack on the capital, she stumbles upon a connection that may prove to be the key to the entire operation—Mare Barrow.

  To be honest? I’m not really in to this story, just no. It’s not bad, in fact, some of the part is really great. Yet, I really had some personally problem with those military code, I’m just so sick of reading information from the code. Personal problem, so…don’t be affected by that.  


  I must be like the Colonel when I assemble my team. I am their captain, their commander, and I must be perfect. No room for mistakes and no hesitation. Forward at all cost. Rise, Red as Dawn.

  Really? I hate the Colonel. Do we really need to deal with him? Unfortunately, yes. And he is quit annoying in this novella. 
 However, we get to see Shade again!!!! And oh my god, he is such a great character. I just like him so much, especially since I don’t really like this novella, his appearance did add some bonus point.
  As for our Miss Barrow…only appeared slightly in this novella…so…nothing really about her at all, but we get to see the reason why Farley is willing to fight beside her, and…that’s great! Since Farley might be better than Mare in Glass Sword, more interesting.  

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement