The Immortal Heights (The Element Trillgy 3)


The Immortal Heights

By Sherry Thomas

 

For what is the Void but the beginning of Light? What is Light but the end of Fear? And what am I, but Light given from? What am I, but the beginning of Eternity?

    I’m dying…this series has no doubt one of my favorite read of 2017. Bloody Hell…the twists. I literary cried so hard during the middle of the book although I’ve already known the ending. But…you know what? There are endless twists and twists like for every page.

 Even till the happily ever after…there are still twists. I almost died because of that. But still…I love it with every part of my heart and I don’t think I have any space for other book characters. Gosh…I’m died. My heart is frantic after reading this book and WOW…I haven’t feel that for any book for a really long time. (No, I’m not frantic after reading A Court of Wings and Ruin, although I love Rhys with every part of my soul. No, I’m not frantic after reading Lord of Shadows…although I might kill Cassandra Clare for the ending. I probably feel the frantic back when I finish Wintersong.)

 

In a pursuit that has spanned continents, Iolanthe, Titus, and their friends have always managed to remain one step ahead of the forces of Atlantis. But now the Bane, the monstrous tyrant who bestrides the entire mage world, has issued his ultimatum: Titus must hand over Iolanthe, or watch as his entire realm is destroyed in a deadly rampage. Running out of time and options, Iolanthe and Titus must act decisively to deliver a final blow to the Bane, ending his reign of terror for good.

However, getting to the Bane means accomplishing the impossible—finding a way to infiltrate his crypt in the deepest recesses of the most ferociously guarded fortress in Atlantis. And everything is only made more difficult when new prophecies come to light, foretelling a doomed effort…

Iolanthe and Titus will put their love and their lives on the line. But will it be enough?


 

“We are all going to die soon. Do you really wish to waste time being angry at me?"

"Yes. I remain an unrepentant optimist. If i see that I am about to die, or you, I will forgive you. But not until then, you bastard.”

    Unlike the second book, the story of The Immortal Heights start right after the ending of The Perilous Sea. And WOW…since The ending of The Perilous Sea is one of the most excited scenes in the book, it must be guaranteed that The Immortal Heights has a good start. And it does.

Imagine that…perfect. And one of the greatest things is that Kashkari plays a really important part in this book. I’ve always like him, and found him an interesting character. He sort of replaces Princess’ unqualified prophecy. Oh well…they’re right sometime…just not in the way Titus expected. Sometime, you’ll just have to wait and see the future unfold. Really…after reading this book, I don’t think it’s necessarily to have a oracle or prophet in life…they somehow is just a way to persuade others to do something. Well…pushing them. Complicated? I think so too.

 Now, where are we? Back to Kashkari. He and Arama play decided to accompany Titus and Iola to Atlantis to defeat Bane. Kashkari has been one of the greatest causes of twists inside the book. His prophecy dream…damn it all!!!!! It’s so sad when someday he suddenly jerked up from a dream and look so shock and miserable. Let alone the later part that brought. My tears!!!!! I hate the author…how can you bring such terrible news to all of them? And even though it turns out to quite a different way…it’s still painful.

 

Or perhaps I've already despaired - and decided that while despair is fine as an occasional indulgence, it can't be served three times a day.

    Some of the readers are quite disappointed with the slow pace of The Perilous Sea…although I’m not. However, there isn’t any problem through this one. The major event, which is killing the High Lord Commander blablabla Bane, only takes place at about…less than four days? It’s insane…the book is so fast pace that you wouldn’t want to put it down and miss a second. Because you know, missing a page might cause an enormous effect to the entire book. Every page is a twist, no exaggerate. The book is just insane. And the relationship…OMG…it’s so painful. No matter the relationship, the friendship everything!!!!! Reading this book is a torture from the beginning through the end…I think I’m only less suffer when it’s about to be the ending and then start suffering again. Really? Is that necessary? The ending is supposed to be great!!!! (And it is…but still…


(Move to the last paragraph if you don’t want the awesome spoiler)
 
[Spoiler]

[Spoiler]

[Spoiler]

[Spoiler]

[Spoiler]

[Spoiler]

 

“I love you. I will love you until the end of the world.”

    I’m revealing one of Kashkari’s dreams…and the most painful one. He dreamed of someone’s death. Who do you think it is? Titus? No…

It is Iolanthe.
Start your mourning…cause Iolanthe died, in Kashkari’s dream. And as you might know from the second book…his dreams always come true. Do you need another moment? I’ll gladly spare you…because I almost faint when I read that…let alone the following scenes. It had been one of the saddest parts in this book. Really, the book is quite heavy since they all know they’re facing death. Yet…when Titus learned that prophecy…he can’t bare himself to tell Iola and created a fantastic moment for her. However…after Titus returns from hearing that prophecy, his eyes are died…hopeless…Iola thought he heard the prophecy of Titus death. So she almost cried out of her eyes when Titus isn’t around. My heart…MY HEART!!!!! HOW CAN YOU PLAY WITH MY HEART!!!!! IT’S A CRIME!!!!
You have been all my moments of grace.”
Sad, isn’t it? Yet in the later part of the book, it brings out a more astonish twist and a death. There are three extremely horrible and sad death…but I’ll let yourselves discover that.

[Spoiler End]
 
“Before you lie courage, perseverance, kindness, friendship, and love. Before you lie men and women who could have chosen otherwise, who could have inured themselves to the injustices of the world, rather than giving their lives to change it. Tonight we honor them. Tonight we also honor all who have gone before and paved the way, the ones we remember and the ones we have forgotten.
But nothing is lost in Eternity. A moment of grace resonates forever, as does an act of valor. So honor the dead- and live in grace and valor.”
    Should you read The Immortal Heights? 100% definitely absolutely yes. This is probably one of the best 2017 read I’ve so far. I’ll rate it besides my beloved Winterson and Daughter of the Pirate King. I love Titus, I love Iola, (I LOVE TITUS!!!!!!) And I especially like the ending for this book…it has so many possibilities ahead and I won’t be surprise if we see a spin off series for this. I wish to read more and more and hope that this will never end. Unfortunately, it does…and now…I’m going back and reread it. Bye bye…please, it’s a book that you should miss. It’s far more than the resemblance to Harry Potter…and with the mentioned of that…*wink Read it yourselves! Oh...and we finally see the Bane...but...who cares!
 
Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository
http://viviansbookpavilion.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-burning-sky-element-trilogy-1.html

http://viviansbookpavilion.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-perilous-sea-element-trilogy-2.html



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement