The Burning Sky (The Element Trilogy 1)

The Burning Sky
By Sherry Thomas
 
She can deny her powers. But she cannot deny her destiny.
    Oh my gosh…I’m overwhelming by this book. It’s so good!!!! I’ve already ordered the next two books and fortunately there are in stock in Taiwan’s bookstore!!!!! I can’t wait to read them all!!!!
 I love all the characters with all my heart, and though I’ve doubt it in the beginning…it doesn’t matter at all!!!! I love its concept and everything. EVERTHING!!!!! My heart hadn’t jumped so fast for such a long time…there isn’t a book good enough to make me thrill. But this…this is unbelievable. I felt completely lost when I’ve finished it within 5 hours without stopping!!!! It’s killing me!
 I can feel the words burning inside me, screaming and yelling at me. Waiting for me to type them all down. But how can I express? The book is simply so good that I don’t care what the author had written before. To me, this book is so good that I’ll now forever be your faithful servant.
 
It all began with a ruined elixir and a bolt of lightning.
Iolanthe Seabourne is the greatest elemental mage of her generation—or so she's been told. The one prophesied for years to be the savior of The Realm. It is her duty and destiny to face and defeat the Bane, the most powerful tyrant and mage the world has ever known. This would be a suicide task for anyone, let alone a reluctant sixteen-year-old girl with no training.
Guided by his mother's visions and committed to avenging his family, Prince Titus has sworn to protect Iolanthe even as he prepares her for their battle with the Bane. But he makes the terrifying mistake of falling in love with the girl who should have been only a means to an end. Now, with the servants of the tyrant closing in, Titus must choose between his mission—and her life.

 
Dreams are not real; but when you are inside a dream, it is real to you.
    I actually have only the faintest idea about this book. I don’t know the concept…just it’s a fantasy, magic book. I was drawn by the cover…so it seems…you can indeed judge the book by its cover. (Or at least…I succeed almost 80% of the time.) Some people might think weaving wands and magic spelling are a bit like Harry Potter…and I won’t deny that. Using wand and command a spell plays a great part in this book, however, it isn’t the main idea of it. There is a big part of this story about elemental magic, which is a common idea in magical books. (By now…which I’m thinking that whether I should abandon this idea in my novel or not…never mind.) Both of the power connected…the book is not merely magical, but a phenomenon.
 You all know how much I hate same ideas being repeated, especially copied…but with a good combination, I will have definitely no objection to it. So, the problem of this book most afraid of by readers? Nail it. Now…that’s move to the awesome characters!!!!!!!
 
We will never accomplish anything worthwhile in life if we require the guarantee of success at the onset.
    My dearest Iolanthe, how glad I am that you’re so perfect. She isn’t brave, no proper education, stubborn, and wants only to live through her ordinary life. Doesn’t sound much, does it?
 
You are asking me to give up everything for a cause that isn't mine. I don't want to be part of any revolution. I just want to live.
But her journey through the book is definitely fantastic. The hurt was so severe that there is still a huge hole inside me…I’m not as easily forgive as Iolanthe. The pain of losing someone she love, the pain of being betray, chased by an entire country agents, and all those chaos behind her. It is so harsh for any teenager to been through those problems, let alone those complicated issue and all the things she need to pretend. I love how she portray as boy. That is simply remarkable.

 She had made herself inside the Eton College so well that no one in fact know she is a girl!!!! That is…even our darling prince is impress. Let alone her witty tone allow her to survive and her calm and wisdom to face all the troubles whenever they come. That is what I called a heroine!!!!! You can definitely scream, like she did all the time…but she also acts! That is perfect! I love to see her furious side…and it’s…I can see a great potential of kicking Titus off the throne and makes herself a queen.

A messy business, rescuing princes.
Her growth through the journey is incredible, especially through the part that she kept asking herself whether she can life well knowing that she can save the country by her power. I simply can’t wait to see what will happen in The Perilous Sea, especially with the blood oath broken.
They say that when an elemental mage called forth flame, she stole a little from every fire in the world. That would make Iolanthe Seabourn quite the thief.
 
The success of my rule does not rely on my ability to recite obscure Latin verse.
    My prince Titus…I have such a complicated feeling toward you. I both love you and want to strangle you to death. He is such a charming prince at the beginning…rescue the damsel in distress, providing a sanctuary for Iolanthe, telling her what to do and so one. But then…as we all know…when a prince lay his eyes on you. Trouble is coming and sometime, heart broken. Titus has been acting so…arrogant, so unpredictable and troublesome all the time when he was in the castle, as a way to survival. But then, his interaction with Iolanthe said otherwise. However…as you can imagine…when he used all his political skills on Iola…things get horrible.

There existed something in this world that bound a mage tighter than a blood oath: love. Love was the ultimate chain, the ultimate whip, and the ultimate slave driver.
He had tricked and lied in all the possible way to keep Iolanthe…but don’t swoon too fast, it was for his own benefit. I haven’t felt such betrayal since I read the betrayal by Jin from Rebel of the Sands. It’s heart tortured.
And that is why You do not trifle with the Master of the Domain.

 My feels!!!! I’d cursed so many times on my Bookstagram story, cursing and swearing about Titus’ horrible deeds. He was a bastard, a jerk…everything you can imagine. How can a gentleman…or at least a prince do so? But I guess…that’s how you survive in the political world. Yet I still want to punch into his face.
No matter what you decide, knowing you has been the greatest privilege of my life.
Yet…with more things reveal…we’d known Titus better and see his struggle. (That doesn’t mean you’re forgiven!) Especially his conversation with the canary. I love that part so much!!!

 Yes, the canary was transformed by a special spell…and the original form of it was Iola. Titus thought she won’t remember anything at all…so he revealed so much about himself. Yet, since the protagonist is always the chosen one…she happened to remember everything! Surprise! So some secret part of Titus was known by Iola and no one…not even when you’re cold-blooded killer won’t be moved by Titus. Especially till the end, how the friendship grows and the love beneath. I ship them soooo much!!!!!
Friendship is untenable for people in our position.
 
Then let me tell you this: I live for you, and you alone.
    A lot of readers aren’t satisfied with the romance at all…but since the romance is just a sub-plot, and with the main plot so good? I definitely accept it. As long as there is no love triangle, I can face whatever the tradition oath said by the lovers.
You can live forever for me.
This kind of romance remind me of The Remnant Chronicles so much!!!! And since it’s one of my favorite series…I’m definitely okay with Iola and Titus. It is what they face together matter the most. Not the heart winching relationship, but the companionship and the friendship they’ve longed for.
 
But I can only pray ardently that Fortune walks with you, that you discover hitherto unimagined strength in yourself and encounter unexpected friends along this perilous path that you must now tread.
    I love this book with all my heart and I’ll recommend this to you if you love a great fantasy without hesitation. Now, farewell, my friends. I hope you’ll survive till the end, cause I didn’t.
Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement