Traitor to the Thorne (Rebel of the Sands Series 2)


Traitor to the Thorne

By Alwyn Hamilton

 

Rebel by chance. Traitor by choice.
    Damn it!!!! This book is so good!!!!
 This is so perfect that is beyond my imagination!!!!!!! I’ve seen bad reviews of this sequel to my beloved Rebel of the Sands…and nothing I feared happened!!!! Oh well…it wasn’t that horrible…it still got what it takes to be Rebel of the Sand’s sequel. So I’m satisfied. But after reading it…no, no no no no!!!! How am I going to wait until next year??? I need the last book!!! Please? I need the ARC now. I’m dying…the cliffhanger. If anything happened to my beloved…I’ll definitely battle with you.
 
Gunslinger Amani al'Hiza fled her dead-end hometown on the back of a mythical horse with the mysterious foreigner Jin, seeking only her own freedom. Now she’s fighting to liberate the entire desert nation of Miraji from a bloodthirsty sultan who slew his own father to capture the throne.
When Amani finds herself thrust into the epicenter of the regime—the Sultan’s palace—she’s determined to bring the tyrant down. Desperate to uncover the Sultan’s secrets by spying on his court, she tries to forget that Jin disappeared just as she was getting closest to him, and that she’s a prisoner of the enemy. But the longer she remains, the more she questions whether the Sultan is really the villain she’s been told he is, and who’s the real traitor to her sun-bleached, magic-filled homeland.
Forget everything you thought you knew about Miraji, about the rebellion, about Djinn and Jin and the Blue-Eyed Bandit. In Traitor to the Throne, the only certainty is that everything will change.
 
I hated the quiet. I could hear my fears that much louder for it.
    Everyone hates Jin’s leaving. I hate it, Amani hates it, Ahmed hates it…What on earth are you thinking???? But I forgive you. Well…eventually, I will. So…the book started with Amani survived the terrible gun shot and wake up facing the fact that Jin had been sent away from the camp. Umm…well…it appeared that Jin was lost almost the entire book. I hate it, you hate it, everyone hates it…since Jin is one of the very reason why I love this book so much. And I was originally so afraid that Amani will not be back with Jin and blablabla. So much worry. But…the ship is still there. No body move. Anything happened to my beloved Jin and Amani and I’ll kill.
 Please…I need them to survive the entire battle in the third book…although I had a bad feeling that Ahmed might not be the final leader that sits on the throne. Shhhh!!!!! Just guessing…I fear that something happened in the Mockingjay, yes the Hunger Games series 3, will happened here. But…as long as they all survive…it won’t be a matter…right? Oh yes, Shazad should be the one sitting on the throne.
 
But there, standing at the entrance to the garden, wearing a khalat the colour of a breaking dawn and that faint smile that meant she knew she was outsmarting someone, was Shazad.
  Shazad, Shazad, Shazad…I’ve loved this woman more and more throughout this book. She is magnificent. She combined Ahmed’s kindness, Sultan’s cruelness, Jin’s sarcastic, Amani’s skill…even better…and everything. She is the only person in this book being so perfect without being a demdji. Yes, we know demdji is going to rule the book with their magical fantastic power…but Shazad needs none of it to stand herself out. At some point…it’s even more interesting seeing her over Amani. Sorry, Amani, I still love you…but Shazad is just incomparable…you’ll understand, I know. Why did I say that? Oh my gosh…Shazad and Amani’s friendship is fantastic.
 
I thought of Shazad. My sister in arms. We had recognised something in each other the first time we met and we were tied. By more than blood.
  They’re one and the same…and now?
As for Amani, our blue-eye bandit. I love the change in Amani in this book…we seldom see her using guns this time. She still did, but lesser…she somehow learned to control her storm more and more and more and destroy everything.
 I love her fearsome when she gets hold of the guns…but I love more when she controlled the sand. There wasn’t just fearsome anymore…but you can see she was no longer fighting for herself, but for those she love. And that’s good, very very good. I love the change in her…although that kind of lead to the future disaster. Umm…you can’t gain without loosing? The other interesting thing is that Amani became a spy in the palace. Not through her willing, but by force. But the twist…the twist!!!! It’s so good! I love how Amani became the spy; I love all the people that were brought into the story, even the bitches. Especially through the ending!!! The betrayal!!! Damn!!!! I hadn’t seen that!!!! As usual, I’ve spoiled myself some of the ending chapters, but I couldn’t guess that!!!!! Well twist!!!! I love unexpected surprises!!!! Oh god…I can no longer contain…here comes the spoiler.  
A new dawn. A new desert.
And tomorrow the sun would rise on the first day of a new desert.
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER]
[SPOILER] 
You always want something.
    Gosh!!!! The ending!!!! I hate and love the ending!!!! I have to wait until an entire year to know whether Shazad, Ahmed, Delila and all the others survived? Noooo!!!!!! And that twist! How on earth can Leyla became the traitor to her own flesh and blood!!! How cruel of you!!!! I screamed so loud when the plan had fail because of her! The innocent, shy little princess who was supposed to hate Sultan like her brother…turned out to be the one betraying everyone. Especially when no one is expecting a betrayal!!!! Damn!!! That got me!!! But I love the book for that. And Jin…how can you leave everyone just to find Amani? (*Bravo) You know…I really really love that the male character isn’t the one stealing the world…but as a supportive character to the protagonist. Well…he isn’t that good…but that’s why we love him, isn’t it? In some Chinese Romance story, when readers are always saying that how nice it is for a handsome male character to choose the protagonist over the ambition or power…but I was always rolling my eyes. You know why? Because they were always born to be an extremely rich person or a prince…and eventually, after their union, they still got all the wealth. But what Jin got if he stick with Amani? Nothing…but he’s still with her. All of his actions are out of his love for his family, his love for Amani…and in that case, I’ll forgive him a thousand times for leaving Amani when she was shoot. (Of course, with a good explanation.)  
  I love Traitor to the Throne with all my little heart…and I love the twists, the schemes, the actions and everything. (Well…the scheme isn’t that god…since Amani isn’t that good at playing with others. But the Sultan…hum…is good. However, it’s not *that good for me to give this book a five stars scheming point) Read the book if you hesitated after reading Rebel of the Sands!!! (Although I must say…i was more surprise in Rebel of the Sands and I hate the changing cover.) It worth all your time.  
Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository


http://viviansbookpavilion.blogspot.tw/2017/04/rebel-of-sands.html




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement