Serafina and the Splinted Heart (Serafina and the Black Cloak Series 3)


Serafina and the Splinted Heart

By Robert Beatty

 

  First thing first…it’s still a good book.

  But

  Here comes the big BUT.
  I’ll leave that to the spoiler. So, don’t say I didn’t warn you, since you’ve probably seen tons of great review about this book, most of them five stars. And…the rate is probably driven down by me…
 The review after the introduction of this book won’t be too…highly praise.
  Now…as I said, it’s still a good book and worth reading, and I’d still recommend it to all middle-grade students who love this kind of reading genre. The story has a great positive effect and the characters’ improvement is really great. Besides that, it contains several great problems with all face in life and gives wise suggestion. Those things are all great, and I honestly love it with all my heart. I enjoy Serafina’s journey throughout the book, as well as Braedon’s. They are a great team and great friend to each other. As well as Wasya. Well…there is another person which might be surprise to you as their friend…or not surprise.
 I still like the Serafina and the Splinted Heart really much…just compared to the first two books of the series…it doesn’t meet my expectation. (Sorry for saying this…I rather hate to say bad word for those who are so kind to send me a book…let along three…but since it’s an honest review…)
 
The storms are coming....
Something has happened to Serafina. She has awoken into a darkness she does not understand, scarred from a terrible battle, only to find that life at Biltmore Estate has changed in unimaginable ways. Old friends do unthinkable things and enemies seem all around.
A mysterious threat moves towards Biltmore, a force without a name, bringing with it violent storms and flooding that stands to uproot everything in its path. Serafina must uncover the truth about what has happened to her and find a way to harness her strange new powers before it's too late.
With only days to achieve the impossible, Serafina fights to reclaim herself as the Guardian of Biltmore, friend of Braeden, daughter of her Pa, and heroine of the Blue Ridge Mountains and all the folk and creatures that call it home.
In the epic third installment of Robert Beatty's #1 bestselling series, Serafina takes her rightful place among literary champions as she battles fiercely to defend all she loves and become everything that she is meant to be.

 
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

SPOILER

 
    Now comes the huge BUT.
    Like what I said in the first book…it’s TOO PREDICTABLE. I sort of guess everything from the beginning of the book. Of course there are one or two surprises…and false prediction…but everything else…I predictable the entire main plot!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE PLOT???

You see how frustrated I am…



    Let’s count what I predicted.

  1. Serafina was splinted into three as soon as she climbed out her coffin.
  2. There had been a battle related with Rowena and Uriah.
  3. Months had passed since Serafina was defeated.
  4. Rowena was going to help them.
  5. The Black Cloak is going to appear and played an important part of this book.
  6. Uriah will come back.
  7. Serafina will be retreated with the Black Cloak and it will be destroyed.
  8. Rowena will betray them in some way and it will turn out that the betrayal is actually helping them.
  9. Uriah will be defeated by the Black Cloak.
  10. Serafina and Braedon will kiss. (It’s a middle-grade…still…let’s hope.)
 

Ta da! Am I right? I got 100 for my novel predication test! It was so obvious and there is no way that I’ll be surprise by it!
 And remember what I said in Serafina and the Twisted Staff that I’m glad that the Black Cloak is related but not return? TAD DA!!!! WHAT WE HAVE HERE? SURPRISE!!!! THE BLACK CLOAK!

And we also have Uriah back!!!! What a great surprise.

 
  Fine…still…there are something I really love about this book besides the annoying prediction, lack of surprise part. I really love Braedon’s ability of talking with animals and healing them. It’s a great element in this book and really means a lot to the entire predictable plot. Also add a little, tiny tiny tiny little bit of surprise in the end of the book. The other part is Serafina’s connection with the universe after her return. It’s always a nice thing to bring the book’s attention toward the nature…god knows how much we need to educate the public and future generation. (Especially in some country. *whisper)


 And it brings a lot of issue I’ve long want to think about and actually thinking recently. It’s educational and a positive image, as I always said of this series. That’s why I still give it 3.4 stars regardless of the disappointed plot. So? Should you read this book? Well…it gives the series a round circle and a satisfying ending. As for the rest of it…just see whether you’d like predictable plot or not.
 
Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository


http://viviansbookpavilion.blogspot.tw/2017/06/serafina-and-black-cloak-serafina-and.html

http://viviansbookpavilion.blogspot.tw/2017/06/serafina-and-twisted-staff-serafina-and.html















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement