The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die Series 4)


The End of Oz

By Danielle Paige

 

I finally found a place to call home, if only I can save it.

ESCAPE the crumbling city.

FOLLOW the road for answers.

DISCOVER a way to be good and wicked.

Before

THE END OF OZ

.


  I can’t believe it has finally come to an end!!!!!  
And I love it so much!!!!! How can I say goodbye to Nox??? He just becomes so cute in the book!!!!! I hope there will be other series after this, we definitely need it. I just keep laughing and crying while reading this book!!!! It gives me so much feeling!!!! Ahhh!!!! And that finale touch!!! I just love how all it come to an end, after all, this is Oz.

 

DING DONG—DOROTHY IS DEAD.

I watched as the Emerald Palace crumbled to the ground, burying Dorothy, the Girl Who Rode the Cyclone, under the rubble. And now that the rightful ruler, Ozma, has been restored to the throne…

OZ IS FINALLY FREE.

My name is Amy Gumm. You might remember me as the “other” girl from Kansas. When a tornado whisked me away to the magical land of Oz, I was given a mission: Dorothy must die.

BUT IT TURNS OUT GIRLS FROM KANSAS ARE HARDER TO KILL THAN WE LOOK.

Now the Road of Yellow Brick is leading me away from Oz to the dark world of Ev, where I have a new, powerful enemy to deal with: the Nome King. And—surprise—he has a gingham-clad bride.

With my magical shoes and a shrinking group of allies, I have one final chance to fulfill my mission, and save not only what’s left of Oz, but Kansas, too. As the line between Good and Wicked blurs even further, I have to find a way to get rid of Dorothy once and for all—without turning into a monster myself.

DOROTHY ONCE SAID THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME. CAN I STOP HER FROM DESTROYING MINE?


 

  Gosh…I just love that. Although…still…there is still bit of complain? But that doesn’t affect my love to The End of Oz!!!! It is just…ahhhh…I’m still compassionately, hopelessly in love.
 First of all, Dorothy is alive?! That is…she is such a cockroach. And what?! The Nome King has a bride?! What the hell is going on??? The truth is, even though this book still got great plot twists and wonderful characters…it’s not as epic as you think it is. Besides, if you are a fan of the Order…you might be a little bit disappointed with this book…since…they just disappear?
 I know, I know, I hate that as well…but since Danielle Paige has other plans for Amy and Nox and Madison? Just wait and see. Really, except from the Order simply washed out, I love how the author put every Oz story into The End of Oz, more and more details are added into the original, and killing Dorothy wasn’t the option any more. “Defeat” her is. And to be honest, the ending of Dorothy give me quite a shock. It never appeared to me that it might end that way, or how Amy was given the choice to do so. The ending was happy, especially for a villain, well…The Nome King was an exception? He was just an old brat. However, the ending for Amy was…twisted. I almost couldn’t hold my tears when I’m reading that part. I don’t know whether that is Ozam’s mercy or somehow…it just kept torturing me. 


I told you you had to change. That you had to learn how to be the knife. But I was the one who needed to learn. I never thought about myself. I thought of the Order. But I was the knife. I was the fight. You taught me how to love. You taught me how to choose. And I choose you. Always.

 

OMG…my heart just melt. The one thing I love this series is the relationship between Amy and Nox, you can really see how much they had come through, and how much they have grown. Without the Order interfering the…Nox just…renewed.
 And definitely love it. I was laughing like an idiot whenever I’m reading their part. It’s just…perfect, one of the couples that I definitely ship. In the past few books, we’ve always been worried about what will happen if Amy became a monster like Dorothy did…and that Nox might face the fact to kill her. But then…since this book was entirely out of Oz, problem solved! Wait…you mean, if the story wasn’t place in Oz, then where it is? Well…it is in Oz, technically, but not in Ozma’s palace or the Emerald City. It is in—no spoiler!
 I really love the dark and mysterious setting inside this book, and another very important character was added into the mission as well. The ball was fantastic, the customs…Amy and Nox…oh god, the image was so real in my head. It’s so gothic.

 


Another character but not the Order? Well…you’ll have to find out yourselves! But just give you some hints, I really love how Danielle Paige done with the “beheaded” part, that’s fantastic. Cruel, but perfect. It’s definitely unique and unexpected. Oh! And has something to do with the Order. (Wink*) Ahhh…I know, you’re all waiting for me to mention Madison, the queen bitch. Oh…of course I’m just kidding. I know she changed!!!! But you can’t deny the past, can you? She did played an important part in this story. However…it seemed that she was important, but not that crucial. But I really love how she played an important part that allowed Amy to make the right choices and the past between them had settle. (Btw…It’s pretty cute that Nox against Madison for Amy)





I know after the third book, a lot of people hate postponing it…but I just can’t. Indeed it’s not the best book I’ve ever read, but the plot twists and the unexpected ending, it worth all the stars. When I’m reading, I can’t help but compared it to Forever Doon, how two similar setting stories ended differently, and which do I prefer. And to be honest, they’re both great. So…whether you like Yellow Brick War or not, just finish the story, and I believe you’ll have a refreshing thought on this series.

Oh! I forgot to mention…I even write a poem for The End of Oz.

 

The End of Oz

 

The end of Oz is now at sight,

Ancient crime of Red and Silver with spy and fae,

Rise, rise above the rainbow of the light.

 

As red girl of the past turned day to night,

With her companies of dark show all mercy die

The end of Oz is now at sight.

 

Silver, the finale touch, burning the bright

Of magic bricks that once weaved in the Emerald sky,

Rise, rise above the rainbow of the light.

 

Wicked king moved and planned the world in fight,

Yet fell, too soon, on his own knife of cry,

The end of Oz is now at sight.

 

Panther, purple flame, strong as the wight,

Long train shall act like blade and comply,

Rise, rise above the rainbow of the light.

 

And there, thy princess, all in wise and might,

Stand, fight, with the good and wicked force, say aye.

The end of Oz is now at sight,

Rise, rise above the rainbow of the light.

 

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement