Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles Series 3.5)


Fairest
By Marissa Meyer

  Oh my god!!! First, my copy of Heartless is finally here!!!!!! And it’s so gorgeous!!!! Especially the hardcover edition and cover!!! It’s one of the best book covers I’ve ever seen! However, I’m not going to talk about Heartless today, not yet…here come—Fairest!!!! It has been a long time since the last time I read The Lunar Chronicles…at least…months ago. (I’ve read so many books since then!!!) And…I know Marissa Meyer is a great author, but somehow, I forget how wonderful she is!!!! My heart twisted through Fairest, and it completely blew my mind away.

     Mirror, mirror on the wall,
 
Who is the fairest of them all?

  Pure evil has a name, hides behind a mask of deceit, and uses her "glamour" to gain power. But who is Queen Levana? Long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress in The Lunar Chronicles, Levana lived a very different story—a story that has never been told . . . until now.

  Before I read Fairest, I’ve read a lot of reviews that said readers will have a completely different idea about Levana. Well? It’s half correct and half error. We get the chances to go deep into her childhood story, and learn who is her first crush, and how she becomes in the future. Besides Levana, we also get to know more about Cinder’s mother, who is the former queen of Lunar, Queen Channary. Humm…Queen Channary, without doubt, she is a horrible queen. Foolish and with no ambition about politics. And, she was so awful to Levana when she was a child. We all know that Levana isn’t what she looks like through the glamour, but that will all be revealed in Fairest. And it’s really dramatic when Levana decided to be herself.

  Love is a conquest. Love is a war.

  What I love about this book, yes, love, is that Marissa twisted every time. The plots just keep on twisting, twisting , an twisting. The list is never ending, and she successfully presents the other face of our beloved villain. 
 The tricky thing about this book is that when you are about to give Levana your sympathy, after she been through all the Channary’s torture, and you’re beginning to think that Levana might be a good person. Then things change. Yahhh!!!! Plot twists!!!! Levana’s every action just completely blows my mind…even though some of them aren’t too surprise to suspect. But the other…just…WOW. How can you do that to everyone??? Levana’s how can you do that??? And it breaks my heart to read those scenes. Especially the ending…Fairest has one of the best ending I’ve ever seen. Just, WOW. 
 I sometime feel that novella has a better ending than the original series, since they’re usually more dramatic. Like Fairest, Queen’s Song from Red Queen…and some other novellas.

  So…after I read Fairest, I immediately decided I need to read Heartless right now!!!! Especially I’m expected to become heartless after reading Heartless!!! I’m so excited!!!! Oh! And remember, all Lunar fans should definitely read Fairest, it’s one of the best novellas I’ve ever read.  

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement