Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die Series 3)



Yellow Brick War
By Danielle Paige

  I’m the other girl from Kansas.
  And I have a job to do.
  JOIN the witches.
  FIGHT for Oz.
  KILL Dorothy.
  Stop a YELLOW BRICK WAR.

  Finally, after 365 days…I’m going to write the review, why? Because it’s SO GREAT that I LOVE it and couldn’t say anything until now. Fine…after 365 days is a fake, and I didn’t write the review because I’ve caught a cold recently and after I finished my schoolwork? I’m exhausted.
But you know what? THIS BOOK IS ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT EXPECT THE FACT THAT I NEED TO WAIT FOR The End of Oz UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!! I NEED IT, RIGHT NOW!!!!! This series just successfully grabbed me and wouldn’t let me go. And who knows? I’ve also become a slave of Amy Gunn. (Perhaps…also Nox’s?) 
 A bit crazy, am I? NOOO!!!! THAT’S THE MAGIC OF Oz INFECTING YOU!!!!

  Once upon a time, there was a girl from Kansas named Dorothy.

  You might know her as the Girl Who Rode the Cyclone. She ended up in Oz, where she became friends with the Tin Woodman, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion. But the temptation of magic was too much for her. she let it change her. her friends became twisted of their former selves.

  The magical land of Oz is now a dark and menacing place.

  My name is Amy Gumm. Tornadoes must have a thing about girls from Kansas, because I got swept away on one too. I also landed in Oz, where Good is Wicked, Wicked is Good, and the Wicked Witches clued me in to my true calling.

  Assassin.

  The only way to stop Dorothy from destroying Oz—and Kansas—is to kill her. And I’m the only one who can do it.
  But I failed. Others died for my mistake. Because of me, the portal between the worlds has been opened and Kansas and Oz are both in danger. And if I don’t find a way to close it?

  Dorothy will make sure I never get to go home again.


  I really like the summary of Dorothy Must Die series. See? It gives us detail and never reveal too much! Well..i think that’s not my point. The point is…HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE THROUGH THESE MONTHS UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!! Great.
I really really like how this book goes. You might think…going back to Kansas? Isn’t that what happens in Shade of Doon? Like…why every modern person need to go back to their hometown? But, instead of cutting all her connection from the past, she gained some new friendship this time. She was no longer the Salvation Amy. And even her return to Oz was a mess. A total mess. Schemes behind schemes, betrayal behind betrayal. Once, I’ve though the Wizard might be one of the biggest twisted among the entire series, now? I’m sure it wasn’t. It is just one of those tiny little schemes behind all. You wish for Amy and Nox’s happily ever after? BOOM! Amy killed Dorothy and end everything? BOOM! Go home once again? BOOM! 
 Everything into ashes. Please behold—An Oz in the Ashes. (Really?)  

  NO ONE BELIEVES ME. BUT I WENT. THEY’LL BE SORRY ONE DAY EVERY ONE THAT SAID I LYED.
  It’s always interesting to dig out someone’s past, no matter the protagonists’ or the villains’. What about Dorothy’s? EXTRA exciting. Yellow Brick War has one great thing as The Wicked Will Rise. They all went on with a pretty fast pace. Like, awfully quick. One day you’re in Oz, the next day you’re out. (That sound like Project Runway…never mind. ) Amy dropped in Kansas, the Wicked left her, Nox…well…not “exactly” abandon her, Amy went to her mother and school, find the shoes of Dorothy, blablabla. (I think I almost give you the biggest spoiler!!! Shiver.) By the way, this book has always got some brilliant ideas, and I love them all. let’s move on to Amy, right? Amy changed a lot throughout the entire series, especially as you see her from Dorothy Must Die, the Salvation Amy and the Dark Amy in The Wicked Will Rise. Now, since Amy and Nox both know what will happen if she keeps on using the magic, they…or Nox try to avoid her from using. But how are you going to defeat Dorothy without Magic? Let alone…? Here’s the great thing about Amy, she used the things around her. they might also be magic, Oz’s magic is still dangerous to her, but she conquered it. I’m not saying that she is kind and heart-warming like Ozma…or a bit out of her mind. But she really started to know herself in this book, by someone else’s aid. And I really like that. Especially the ending scene for Dorothy in this book. Some think her as idiot or insane…but I think that’s courage. And Nox is great to support her all these times.  

  “Get it together, Amy!” the witch whispered. “We’re not here for you to win daughter of the year.”
  The Wicked! Few of the most interesting characters to read in this book. (Especially Nox.) As we know, the Order aren’t exactly good, but they’re not exactly bad either. They fight for Oz, that’s for all, at least for now. Who knows? Perhaps we’ll see Wicked fighting Wicked someday. And although they sometime seemed to be old freaky bat sometime, I think they do are for each other, including Amy. I know, it’s hard not to become BFF during those dangerous time when you’ve been through them together, even for the Wicked. And that’s great! Splendid! However…still…I sometime want to hit Nox on his head, but he was getting better. Amy and Nox, both of them. I don’t know what will happen to them, especially those Wicked watching them all the time, but everything will be find. (Since they’re now alone.) 
 Don’t scream…yet. They’re not exactly alone. But that situation made me hurt for Madison and Mombi. Really hurt. What? Oh! You say Madison? Who is she? Remember the Queen Bee in Amy’s high school? She did play an important part in this book…kind of. I dare say she will be very vital in the last as well. That’s great! The old enemies are together!

  So? “Get yourselves together and read Yellow Brick War!”  

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement