Dorothy Must Die Stories Vol.2 (Dorothy Must Dies Series 0.4~0.6)

Dorothy Must Die Stories Vol.2
By Danielle Paige

  So now…I have to wait till February to get the latest Dorothy Must Die series…can someone give me The End of Oz…like RIGHT NOW??? I CAN’T WAIT ANY LONGER TO READ THE FINAL!!!!!! Yes, I’m crazy, again. But I must say, also I gave this book 3 stars, I think it’s better than the first volume of Dorothy Must Die Stories. I like Ozma, either she is crazy little fairy or an all-powerful queen. And…except from Tin, I really like Ruler of King and The Straw King stories. By the way, Heart of Tin, The Straw King, and Ruler of King are the short stories in this volume. These are all stories happened before Amy Gunn comes to Oz, and how those characters were been corrupt by the evil magic of Oz. However…someone was truly evil, always and always. (Well? I never like pink…so I’m not so fond of that character. Yet…I do like Strawberry Sundae.)  

Heart of Tin

  Everyone knows the Tin Woodman as Dorothy's lovable sidekick, the tin man who longed for a real heart to beat inside his tin chest. This digital original novella is the fourth installment in the prequel arc to the edgy and thrilling New York Times bestsellers Dorothy Must Die and The Wicked Will Rise, and tells what happened to the Tin Woodman after he got his wish.
  In The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, the Wizard gave the Tin Woodman a heart, and all lived happily ever after—or so the story goes. But in Heart of Tin, the heart wants what the heart wants—and the Tin Woodman's heart pines for Dorothy. The gift that the Wizard once bestowed on him turns twisted with longing. And when Dorothy returns to Oz with her own dark agenda, the Tin Woodman will do whatever it takes to help her rise to power—and to make her his. 

  Ah! I hate lovesick guy. No, they’re all idiot. And no, I don’t think I’ll like to have a boyfriend to make me a lovesick idiot…perhaps…fictional boyfriends. <3 <3 <3 Now…we all know the Tin in “Somewhere over the Rainbow” and the Tin in the original Dorothy Must Die series. Yet, this is something never be seen. In Dorothy Must Die, we mostly focus on how Tin built an army for Dorothy and follow her like a lovesick puppy dog, and in the original story of Oz? He had no heart, until the Wizard gave him one. In this short story, we’re going to see how Tin made all effort to get close to Dorothy, and what kind a king he was.

  “Dorothy, you are my sun, my moon, my starlit sky.”

  I must say…even I love stars, moon, and sun so much…I can’t help but feel disgusting. (Sorry if I offend…but…nope, I’m not a Tin/Dorothy shipper.) I’m really obsessed with stars…as you might know, my novel is all about Stars. However…after I read this story, I started to realize that not everyone with “star” is good. Now, our lovesick Tin. He wasn’t truly a horrible king, I must say, yet not the best one as well. All his mind was about Dorothy. And this was happened during the time Dorothy first came back to Oz again by Glinda’s red boots. We can see how hard Tin tried to impress Dorothy, unfortunately, nothing happen at all. Dorothy’s mind was now all full of power.
 
  This isn’t exactly a bad story, so I did give it 3 stars. Yet…I’m just not into this kind of plot, so sorry Tin.  

The Straw King

  In The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, the Scarecrow received the gift of a brain from the Wizard and was appointed the new ruler of Oz. In The Straw King, the Scarecrow's tale takes a crooked turn when his reign is threatened. With faith in his newfound wisdom shaken, the Scarecrow will turn to anyone who can help—even if others have their own interests at heart. 

  Ah! This one is slightly better than the first. I think Scarecrow was indeed an interesting character in the series…before he was crazy as well. I love reading! So I’ve totally no objection for someone to sit around library all day long. But…you are a king!!!! Or, “were” until the army come to attack and Glinda came.

  “You ain’t the real king, you old strawbag, and I’m dumping you out on your straw behind.”

  Someone came to challenge Scare, and since he spent most of his time reading, he had no battling experience, not to mention with guns pointing right between his eyes. And he wasn’t the one ask for courage, so it make sense that he ran away first, right? Now, Glinda came! Why aren’t I surprise at all? Glinda might seem to be an unimportant character in the novella series, yet she appeared every time, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And she was one of the most horrible villains of all. Sorry? Where your sense of taste? Pink? (Which has nothing to do with the point.) SO, HEAR MY POINT NOW!!! Glinda appeared in every novella, and made tons of horrible decisions. What I don’t get it is that how can Scare sensed the horrible deeds behind Glinda still help her alone? Where was your brain? Was it make of STRAW??? PLEASE!!!! No, sometimes, even you can memorize doesn’t mean you’re smart, and Scare was one of the cases.

  But, the story was truly exciting, and I love how Lulu appeared as a child and how Ozma appeared as a crazy queen. She really reminds me of Luna!! 
 In a good way, sort of. And I especially love the scene that Ozma stood out to protect her country, even she didn’t really know what she was doing. That’s a true queen, she was destined to be one.  
 

Ruler of King

  When the Cowardly Lion set off for the Emerald City in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with Dorothy and the others, he sought courage above all else. This digital original novella is the sixth installment in the prequel arc to the edgy and thrilling New York Times bestsellers Dorothy Must Die and The Wicked Will Rise, and is the Lion’s story after he got what he’s always wanted.
  The Lion’s wish has finally come true—he is the courageous ruler of the forest and all of its beasts. But the Lion is bored—he misses the days of his adventures with Dorothy, the Tin Woodman, and the Scarecrow. When Glinda the Good Witch shows up unexpectedly and tasks him with a mission back in the Emerald City, he jumps at the chance to do something exciting, even though he knows she’s not telling him the entire truth. 

  Now this was my favorite of them all. I like the plot twist, the storyline, and everything. Perhaps besides the ending…I can never understand which side Lion was on.
 
  “You love the fight more than you love what you are fighting for. Be careful, here.”
 
  Once again, Glinda appeared in Lion’s boring life and gave him a mission. Not mission impossible, but mission intolerable. Yet during Lion’s time with Ozma, he gradually like the princess and agree to protect her. This was the first time that The Nome King appeared, and…I really curious what would happen next after this story.

  Ozma and Lion decided to find the Nome King, and Lion’s secret mission had a lot to do with this. However, when Ozma truly trusted her life with Lion, Glinda appeared and reveal the mission. Of course, BOOM!!! No trusting relationship anymore. Oh! By the way, there was a part that I believe Dorothy would want to see. Come, come Dorothy!!! (Oh sorry, I forget she was now corrupt by magic. Oops!)  


  The reason why I like this novella the most was that the part of bargain and the part that when you seem to forget the most important thing, Danielle Paige once again successfully drew back your attention. That’s what I like mostly about her stories. It’s really unexpected to reader, and I love unexpected things.  

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement