Glass Sword (Red Aueen Series 2)

Glass Sword
By Victoria Aveyard

Kneel or Bleed

  Oh my god!!!! I was literately screaming toward the end!!!! The ending, the plot twist!!!!! And give me back my tears!!!!!! No!!!!!! How can one of my favorite characters died!!!!! 

 I know there are a lot of you out there hating the first part, or the entire part of this book…but I don’t!!!! (Even though I did have some complain to do…) But, I must not deny that the second part of this book is…what? Heart-squishing!!!!!!  

If there’s one thing Mare Barrow knows, it’s that she’s different.

Mare Barrow’s blood is red—the color of common folk—but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control.

The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince—the friend—who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind.

Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silver fighters to join in the struggle against her oppressors.

But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, at risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat.

Will she shatter under the weight of the lives that are the cost of rebellion? Or have treachery and betrayal hardened her forever?

  I gave this book four stars, because it’s better than Red Queen…at least to me. As you might know my hobby to spoil myself at the beginning of the book, especially I heard some of the reviewers talking about the unforgettable ending. Uh! That’s so…horrible and unforgettable and definitely add a lot of bonus points for Glass Sword. So why so many people complain? Well…the truth is, the first part of it did take a bit too long to go. Like second book slump? Yet, I won’t choose to let go that part. Somehow, I think those “boring” part did give us some more details? (And we can see the deeper side of the characters in those parts as well. The truth is, how is it possible for characters to speak their darkest secrets in a battle field? Something besides “I love you.” Or “I’m sorry.”)(Oh wait…I might spoil you. Shhh!!!)

 
  Now, since the most exciting part is mostly after the half of the books…I can hardly tell you anything without spoiling you, so there will be a spoiler section down below. (I hope so.) For those who wish not to be spoil, I can only tell you that the majority battle parts and those darkest mind, unspoken words, conflicts…will be happening there. So…never stop the book in the middle, because you’ll never know what happens at the end. Sometimes things just blow your mind. So what can I say now? Ah! Mare is recruiting the Newblood. Yes, people like her, Red blood with Silver power. And as you might guess, their powers are often far deadlier than the Silver. Every new recruit is a new danger, and trust me, Maven didn’t make it so easy. Especially the part that he almost got Mare…I totally scream at it. Not to mention Victoria Aveyard stopper the chapter right there, leaving us a cliff-hanger. My mouth totally drop by all those plot twisting and…yes!!!! The ending!!!!

 
  But then, if it’s so great, how come I’m going to complain it? One of the reason my I don’t really like dystopia? They’re so similar!!!!! Especially all Hunger Game alike!!!! 
 Can I please get something new???? Please??? You know why I never like Mare so much? Because she is our Little Lightening girl!!!! Sound familiar? Girl on Fire? Lightening Girl? Girl on Fire? Lightening Girl? Mare Barrow is another Katniss with a Lightening Power!!!!! Oh wait! Thank god she got some magic in her…otherwise… They even have the same characteristic!!!! Both broken, bad mood… If I am a sword, I am a sword made of glass, and I feel myself beginning to shatter. And you know what’s worst? Mare thinks she is SO IMPORTANT!!!! AND THAT’S SO FRUSTRATED!!!!! “I’m important.” “I can’t be captured.” No one can be captured!!! You idiot!!!! And anyone can be replace by anyone!!!!! Mare’s character is actually the only part that I dislike about this book, while the others? I’m fine with it. I can understand why Cal can’t kill the Silver, understand why Kilorn didn’t want to take to Mare, understand why Farley is angry with her…BUT I DON’T UNDERSTAND IS WHY MARE CAN BE SUCH A JERK!!!!! 

 Except that…everything is fine. The plot is fine, the battle is find, the death…is not fine.

 

{Spoiler}{Spoiler}{Spoiler}{Spoiler}{Spoiler}{Spoiler}{Spoiler}{Spoiler}

 

  Now, how can this book be excited without spoiler? Oh my gosh…it’s simply impossible. Let’s see…where to start first? Cal been imprisoned by the Scarlet Guard…Mare being betrayed by Kilorn, Julian and Sarah is alive, tons of weird Newblood appears, a new girl tried to ruin everything with her own hatred, Shade…Shade…

 
How can he died!!!!! He’s the love of my life. (Nonsense. He just happened to be one of the likable characters in this book.) Oh!!! And I think Farley is pregnant!!! Who is the father? Shhh!!!! I love that part. It’s so funny. “How can you never tell me?” “Like you’ve been spending night at Cal’s bedroom?” So those spoilers are some of the highlight in this book, one of those most exciting part, no matter at the beginning or the last. All right, I just spoil everything. But I’ll left the biggest one for you to explore. Beg for the ending? Kneel.

Oh! By the way, I love the inner cover.

 

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement