Sentinel (The Covenant Series 5)

Sentinel
By Jennifer L. Armentraut

It’s a beautiful day for a war.

  Seriously? War? What kind of situation will you put “beautiful day” and “war” together? I think only when everything turns out wrong… here comes the final book of The Covenant Series!!!! Noooo!!!!! I love it…every page of it. Do you know what I realize after reading the entire series? Never give up on books. You’ll never know how they’ll turn out. In every Covenant series’ reviews I’ve mentioned that I don’t practically like Half-Blood…but who knows I become a huge fan of other four books? I’m glad that I’ve kept the habit of reading the entire series no matter how it goes, cause you can never guess what the authors are going to do next. Never.

  As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.
  And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the underworld to release one of the most dangerous goes of all time.
  Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds hear…or the end of herself.


  Really? I think the Covenant series’ summaries just give you all the spoilers…there is no need for me to add anymore for you. You’re already spoiled.

  “Some people say when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you one seriously ticked off god gunning for your ass, you prepare for war and you hope for paradise.”

  This book, as you might now know…is all about war. And you know what? I hate what Ares did to Alex. He is such an unpleasant guy!!!! No matter which book he’s in!!!! I’m absolutely not team Ares. Even Hades is better than Ares. Shocking huh? But it’s the truth. And he is so…gross. Why? What he did to Alex is unforgiveable. Something that affects her greatly. Oh! And since I mentioned the gods…many gods and goddess appeared in this book. Those you’ve read before, and those you didn’t. This is a battle for everyone, not just Alex and Aiden. And what do I like about Apollo? He really cares for Alex. Not just because he benefited a lot from her or Apollo was her great-great-great grandpa. (Although he denied to be called like that…since he appears in the age of twenty?) And he did keep his promise…even it was not the way she has in mind. But he did help them a lot. Still…Aiden and Alex wanted to put a bell on him, and most of the time he appeared…I laughed.

  What else is worth mention? The plot twists. The plot twist of this book is so unexpected!!! (Even with my smart and talented brain…I still miss some of the coming event.) How Seth appears once again, and how he had change. How Alex, Aiden, Seth and Hades went to the underworld. How the finial battle comes…they were all great twists. And long time since the last time we had an Alex and Aiden fight…we had it again!!! (Why do I sound so enthusiastic?) Don’t you worry…they’re not trying to run away from each other again. It’s just some boy-fight and jealousy issues. Some. They’ll figure that part out…eventually. So the point is…the good Seth is back…or kind of. After the fight between Alex and Ares, Seth no longer believed Lucian, and he came to apologize. In the end…he was a great help to not only Alex but also Aiden. And I really love that! Since I do like Seth in the beginning of the book…just he went a bit crazy in the middle. But what he sacrificed was truly admirable and courageous.  
  The great thing about this book is that it contains not only endless war and harm, but with the proper characters…the book is full of laughter as well. And most important of all? Don’t forget to prepare some tissue beside you…I keep crying at the end of the book. (Why do I keep crying at the end? Is Alex dead? Noo!!! She can’t be dead!!!) But those tears were for Aiden, Marcus, and Seth. (You have a bad feeling?)  (That’s why I ask you to read the book!)  

  I’m such a cliffhanger, right?  

But no matter the ending is good or bad, it’s an excellent book. And without doubt, five point for Gryffindor!!! Wait…it’s five stars for Sentinel!!! Now…I can only wait for Elixir and Daimon when I arrive at New York!!! (Counting the days now…three left, two, here it is!!!)  

Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository 

Read the review of Half-Blood / Pure / Deity / Apollyon here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement