These Broken Stars

These Broken Stars
By Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
 
  Yeah…I’ve wanted to read this book for a long, long while. I know…this happens to most of my books! But hay! How can you blame me when so much TBR waiting? My TBR never ceases growing…HOW AWESOME!!!! But yes…it’s also terrifying. So, These Broken Stars…mumm…not bad…I was practically drawn by the cover. I’m a terrible example of “judge by cover,” really, I’m the worst. But fortunately, as I said before…I have a powerful sense…I never mistake. (Well…I “sometime” read reviews…so that helps too…probably.)
 
  It’s a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.
  Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.
  Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?
  Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.
 
  Wow…a sci-fi romance…really not my type. But…not bad, although it takes a while to understand all the “sci-fi” words and galaxy…and lots of lots of stuff. To be honest, I seldom read sci-fi books, but all those tech just makes me dizzy…I need to spend so much time on figuring out what they are or something like that…
  I like how the story goes, two parts: the interrogation, and the main story. The interrogation gives us how Tarver told the authority the story, how the popular war hero lies for love. And the main story, how everything goes. And besides, two POV: Lilac and Tarver, well organize, so we won’t feel confuse. Really, I hate those with thousands of POVs…they just all seem the same.
  (And…wait…it seems after a long time without writing review…I’ve forgotten how…I’m speechless.)

Tarver Merendsen
  “On with the mechanic’s suit, Miss LaRoux. You’ll be the height of fashion, I promise.”
 
  Tarver is who keeps them both alive at first. Yes, at first. He is a warrior, a soldier, and he knew well how to survive in a harsh situation. Within first sight, Lilac caught his attention. But…he must be the most idiotic person in the entire universe. He didn’t even recognize the wealthiest daughter in the world. So…as all the star-cross happens…they hated each other at the beginning. A spoil heiress and a stubborn solider…good match, I know. Something called similar personality or status never happens in books, the couple must simply be different, greatly different, not a well match…as you might say. Unlike what happens in the really worlds, you know…the rich marry the rich. Never mind…but Tarver is actually a worthy guy for Lilac…although he isn’t my fictional boyfriend. Nope, he isn’t. But he is carrying…and has a sense of humor…I guess?
 
  Besides all his skills of survival, he is the one who is sane enough to keep going and alive…but as you might know…sometimes we need to be insane to survive in the wild. 

  Lilac LaRoux
  She remains still, silent. Her eyes, like reflecting pools, show me the tress, the leaves, the sky.
 
  Oh wait…this is definitely a spoiler…definitely. But who cares? It’s not that important, after all. Besides…I doubt you’ll understand what I’m talking about just simply by the quote. And yes, Lilac is the one who is insane. So when she first escaped from the horrible spacecraft…she wasn’t herself anymore. And who can blame her? She’s a spoil heiress…with her father’s great care and all those beautiful gowns and jewels surround…how could she ever imagine the fanciest spaceship…well…broken? She kept seeing illusions and haunted by the death. But somehow…it saves them. That’s when they suddenly realize that the planet hides secrets.
 
  Sorry, guys…I keep saying Lilac a spoil heiress…actually, she not. That’s how she describes herself. Instead, Lilac wow us from the first moment we saw her. She shows something different, besides cloths and make up. That’s how she attracts Tarver, I guess. Without her, Tarver couldn’t possibly survive, regardless of his magnificent survival skills. And without her…the story couldn’t possibly keep going. (And see what ridiculous thing I’m saying! Of course without her the story can’t go on! She’s is one of the protagonists!) 
 
  All right, I confess…this review…umm…not what I’ve expected. However…I’ll still recommend you to read this sci-fi romance if you love sci-fi, and romance of course. But five stars? Sorry…I wasn’t that impressed. So…judge the book by yourself! But what’s for sure…I’ll read the second and the third books.
 
Get free worldwide delivery from Book Depository

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement