Queen of Shadow (Throne of Glass series 4)


Queen of Shadow 
By Sarah J. Mass
  She was a whirling cloud of death, a queen of shadow,and these man were already carrion. 
  Ahhhhhhhhhhh... What am I about to say this book...the series I love so much and hate so much. I love Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, but I started to hate it since the Heir of Fire and now Queen of Shadow. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good book, just I'm so stuck in the relationship! Ahhhhhhhh!
  Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire-for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past...
  She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.
  She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.
  Consider this as a new year review!!! 
  I wasn't sure if it'll be fair to write this review...cause I've only read a part of it. First, I don't have enough time, so I'll finish it perhaps next year. (If I'm able to put down the other books! There are so many books that I'm looking forward for 2016! I finally understand why some meet re-read books! Why are you able to re-read when there are so many others waiting?) Second, since Heir of Fire, this book didn't attract me as it usual. (Well...the characters were the main factors...still...I love the magic that reveals in the story.) Last but not least...I need Chaol!!! (Cheer for Team Chaol!!!) Basically, I finish all of Chaol's POV and other important part in this story, well the other characters I just scanned them really fast. (I hate to read Ebook, they are such a torture to my eyes!  ...But I don't have enough money to buy the hardcover edition!!Ahhh!!! The entire Throne of glass series still remain in my wish list...waiting for my money...unfortunately...they have to wait for a LONG list!)...so I'm quite certain that I know the main part in this book. In my opinion, the story line was great. We got to see female author's high fantasy. (According to the publisher, most of the fantasy novels divide into two category: the male authors tend to write more "high fantasy" while the female authors prefer those with more romance. Although romance also stands a important part in TOG series, but it might be the most "high fantasy" book that I've read in recent years.) And the series become more and more "epic." The war scene was larger and the world got bigger. However, the characters were aweful!!! I need the original Celaena!!! And Dorian and Chaol! Not that I don’t like Aelin...well...Actually...I don't like her at all. Of course she was stronger, more powerful and more furious. But I think she lost the normal girl inside her. To me, being Celaena doesn't mean that you're weak or something like that. Instead, she was more "human" when she was in her fake name. She was less bloody and brutal. (That reminds me a line in The Host. "She is not a human." "So we stop acting like human?" You are half Fae half human! Don't stop acting like one!) Yet after Heir of Fire, she threw away all her old life to embrace the new Aelin. Was that necessary?! You don't have to throw them all away to return your throne!!! You can be both Celaena and Aelin!!! The personality inside both of the girl can combine them well!!! (I believe with Aelin's bravely, she is a perfect warrior and the perfect one to get back her thorne, while Celaena will help her more when she is "On" the throne.) I want the assassin not the queen!!! Enough for Aelin (humm...I no longer like her...) let's talk about Chaol!!! (My favorite~~but he was replaced by James Thomas MacCrae and Valten now...sorry Chaol~ but I'm still Team Chaol!) What person will tell the girl he love she's a monster?! Oh My God you're an idiot!!! From the first moment that Chaol and Celaena met, they kept fighting each other and arguing. They lashed out at each other and kept blaming. Oh please...it wasn't Chaol's fault that he couldn't kept Dorian and Aedion safe...what can a mortal do when he faced the magic king? He was a warrior!!! Not Fae!!! And Chaol shouldn't blame Celaena as well...calling her monster? You just block out all the possibility between you both. And he blame her something else as well... (Well...I agree with the bloody part...but...his tone...to harsh, after all, it was war.) Not until they have a talk did they improve their relationship. But Aelin had change...she was no longer the girl Chaol love. ("Sorry I said that I will always choose you" blablabla...)
Spoiler warning~Spoiler warning~
Yes...they were absolutely over. 
Since Aelin was sort of in love with Rowan...blablabla...(As you can guess...I am Team Chaolaena...so I HATE ROWAN THE OLD FAE!) 
  Apparently...this was no longer the first book I've fallen in love with, yet however...it's still a great book... (If only I can diminish the prejudice toward Aelin.) As I recently finished A Court of Thorns and Roses...I'm going tell you this--if you prefer story plots rather than the characters' relationship, read TOG series...although the Aelin really disappointed me... (At least for now.) While ACOTAR created some really great characters... (And plots as well~ Oh My God~ fairytale retelling!) (Please there will be no sudden change in ACOTAR!!) 
Last...still...even I'm not satisfied with Chaolaena... The book is still worth reading. 
P.S. This review is sooo critical!! Ahh! By the way...I actually finish Queen of Shadow before A Court of Thorns and Roses...just I was too disappointed that I postponed the review again and again until now...

With the back of Aelin...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement