The Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus Series 1)

The Lost Hero
By Rick Riordan
  I was wondering, whether I should write a Kane Chronicle review or The Heroes of Olympus? I personally prefer Kane Chronicle, unfortunately, it has been too long since I read it and I'm too busy to re-read it recently. So let's start with The Heroes of Olympus! But...NOOOO!!!! Where is Percy!!! Don't kill one of my favorite characters in the book!

Jason has a problem.
He doesn’t remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper, and a best friend named Leo. They’re all students at a boarding school for “bad kids.” What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly?
Piper has a secret.
Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare about his being in trouble. Piper doesn’t understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn’t recognize her. When a freak storm hits during the school trip, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she’s going to find out.
Leo has a way with tools.
When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there’s weird stuff, too—like the curse everyone keeps talking about, and some camper who’s gone missing. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them—including Leo—is related to a god. Does this have anything to do with Jason's amnesia, or the fact that Leo keeps seeing ghosts?
  As we can see, The Lost Hero isn't a Percy Sequel...so sad... Here we get three new demigods: Jason, Leo, and Piper. The story is about saving Hera and getting back Jason's memory. Yeah...I know, no one like Hera (Sorry...but that's what we get Dom book right? So don't punish me for it!!!) But she is important, and she plays an enormous part in this series. She combined two different demigods: Roman and Greek. Yes, Roman!!! In fact, Jason is the one from Roman Camp. Why do we need Roman Camp? I still don't get it...but we need more heroes and heronries...and Rick Riordan needs some new topic for the upcoming Roman series. (I believe you can hear my tone from here. I like the book...but the longer I read...I felt boring with it. It's just another similar series to Percy Jackson!) Back to the book, let me introduce you the new characters we have here! First and the most important: Jason. Sigh... He's just not as adorable as Percy... Some of the characters give the series a new sight, but some of them...I just can't fall in love with them. Jason is more stubborn and a rule follower. And...nothing special...for a Zeus's son...Oh no! Is Jupiter! To Jason, his god parent is Roman god. I know since Roman is more of a "warrior" so perhaps that's why Jason is more boring than Percy. Unlike Jason, Leo and Piper are Greek demigods. There's no need to emphasis how powerful they are...guys, they are the seven demigods in the prophecy...they're meant to be great. Leo is the son of Hephaestus, and he owns one of the rarest ability...and that's not sure a good thug or bad things, at least, for now. Unlike the stubborn son of Jupiter, the son of Hephaestus is more active, more...silly? He just act like a silly boy!!! Especially those who want to attract girls...but with Leo, the story become more vivid, not just sword fighting in plots. As for Piper, I really like Aphrodite! Not because she's beautiful, but the way she interacts with her daughter! Why am I talking Aphrodite when it supposed to be the time of Piper? Ahhh!!! But why make me like her is because the mother and daughter! Apparently, like mother, like daughter isn't a good phrase for them. They're so different! Haha! We have a Aphrodite daughter who hates makeup and clothes!!! But aw has a strong character, like Annabeth...so I like her! 
  For the first book of the series...I won't give it too many praises. I still love the story, the same reason why I like Percy Jackson, it still has fun interaction, great plot, and with a fast pace, what's better, the entire series are much thicker than Percy Jackson series! (I love thick books~) and we have POVs in the books, not just only a single person. On the other hand...I would like to read more new stuff...the plots are exciting, but not WOW! I can get them from Percy Jackson as well, so why do I have to read this series just for more gods and demigods? This will be the complaint I give to this book. (Fortunately...the next book is better...swoon~ So make sure to keep reading my review!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement