Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy 5)

Midnight Frost
By Jennifer Estep
Here we go again. . . 
  Yes! Here we go again, another long journey for Gwen and me! I’m so looking forward to make her life miserable! (I’m sure you know why I accused her in Crimson Forest…and won’t be fooled again, so…) Vivian and Agrona were such determined people! They never stopped hurting Gwen! Even doing something like poison…

  Just when it seems life at Mythos Academy can't get any more dangerous, the Reapers of Chaos manage to prove me wrong. It was just a typical night at the Library of Antiquities--until a Reaper tried to poison me. The good news is I'm still alive and kicking. The bad news is the Reaper poisoned someone else instead.
  As Nike's Champion, everyone expects me to lead the charge against the Reapers, even though I'm still hurting over what happened with Spartan warrior Logan Quinn. I've got to get my hands on the antidote fast--otherwise, an innocent person will die. But the only known cure is hidden in some creepy ruins--and the Reapers are sure to be waiting for me there . . . 
  They’re going to a hideous ruin! And without the fearsome Spartan hot guy…sorry for you, Gwen. (The ruin was filled with reapers and monsters…and flowers.) As it turned out, the ruin was actually a beautiful paradise, just few people can go there, and even less dare to. What’s more exciting, we got a chance to see other mythos academy in person! I really like the academy, it felt like it’s a chateau or a castle hidden in a mountain, where only god and goddess. (Since it took a long journey to achieve the school and even needed a train…my own opinion though) With the plot getting more and more exciting, there were more myth animals appeared in the series. Gwen and Logan couldn’t survive without their help. (Did I say LOGAN? You must be mistaken; he shouldn’t be inside the story, right? He left in order to protect Gwen…) The entire series improve a lot from the beginning, and the cover of Midnight Frost…gorgeous! (I love the neckless! Where can I buy that…) Gwen had a better attitude, she still complain about her life, but only in a few occasion or when she met Nike. (I totally wouldn’t blame you for that; she was like a chess for Nike!) Nevertheless, with the final battle approaching, we can also read more about her friends, not just Gwen. I love to read their improvement for their skill! I think Daphne’s skill is fabulous, and also Carson. (But we can’t see his skill yet…I’m just saying to seize your interest!) Oh! I almost forget to introduce a kick-ass girl in this book! Rory played an important part in this and the future book. And you’ll fall in love with her without a doubt. What happened to her and Gwen? And who is she exactly? Enjoy this book as I do, and you’ll surely find out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement