Entwined Review

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Come and mend your broken hearts here. 
  Ohhh~ I have a broken heart too…where is my beautiful pavilion? (But please…no keeper) Such an amazing book! Every set the author wrote was so romantic that we can’t help but fall in love with it. A remarkable adaption of the old fairy tale, the twelve dancing princesses. The author mixed the ingredients of fantasy, romance and family, and it becomes a great success.
  Just when Azalea should feel that everything is before her—beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing—it's taken away. All of it. And Azalea is trapped. The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. So he extends an invitation.
  Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest, but there is a cost. The Keeper likes to keep things. Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late. 

  The book trailer is wonderful!!! (Screaming~) This book inspired me to read all the fairytale retelling, including Fairy Tale Romance Series, The Twelve Dancing Princess Series… And as you can see, I even name my blog after the pavilion in Entwined. I’m just madly in love with every word of it. I don’t know how to dance, yet I love those romantic dancing steps, with this book, I feel like all of my desire is fulfill. Another important thing…why does every fairytale retelling have a wonderful tasty boy~ (Swoon…) Just look how gentle Bradford is… (Why do I keep talking about boys in those reviews?) The scene in this book is beautiful and enchanting, just like the original fairy tale: the trees and flowers are made from silver and golden, and the rain is made of pearl. Just imagine how beautiful will it be! But there’s a trap inside the pavilion, as charming as the keeper is…he has hidden secret from the princesses. There’s price to pay to dance in the pavilion, and the key to it, is a silver stuff. (I love silver things, and Entwined just captured my heart with all those exquisite stuff…the handkerchief ~just WoW!) I can’t quite understand Azalea’s thought about helping keeper. (Out of sympathy? But then? What was she thinking?) And since she’s the oldest princess, why doesn’t she realize the danger in it? (Why doesn’t anyone teach those characters not to trust stranger? Every book…please, or I’ll jump into the story to tell them myself…) I believe this story carries a very important message about family. All those things happened because the argument between the king and princesses. Surely, the king did something unforgiveable during the queen’s death, however, Azalea should have understand the pain in her father rather than…yes, you know…lash out at him. (Horrible attitude when someone is in rage…and often make thing worse…my own experience…)
This is not only a beautiful book but also contains family issue. (Don’t be afraid with the word “issue”, it’s not boring at all!) The beautiful story has stolen my heart and forces me to re-read it again and again. It seems that I’ll never get bored with this magnificent work and love to be haunted by all the plots. Entwined reminds me the lovely time we have when we were little and enjoyed reading Grimm’s Fairy Tale and all the other great stories. You can avoid reading any kind of fairytale retelling, but you must try this book…or your life won’t be complete without it. (Ahhh~ I’m going to re-read it again!! Bye~)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles Series 3)

The Struggle to be an All-American Girl  

October + September Book Haul + Pottermore Patronus + New Announcement